Malifaux as Presents?

EricJ

Well, I tried to give a painted Miss Pack to my best friend but I wasn't able to finish it in time so it'll be late.

My wife / kids gave me $75 gift card to my LGS and I'm certain at least some of that will go to my favorite obsession, hookers and alcohol. No, no....I mean Malifaux! Yes, Malifaux.

Well, things were bought beforehand, but my wife gave me a Painted Lord Chompy Bits Nightmare Edition, 6 painted Alps, 3 painted Daydreams, painted Copellius, painted Funshine Bear (Teddy), painted Grumpy Bear(Teddy II), and 2 painted Stitched Together.

All done by Garden Ninja Studios.

I was exceptionally good this year.

The wife bought me a Rasputina box set, to add to my growing list of Arcanists. Nice, because I have Colette and Ramos as well, so I can now feel like I have solid choices to pick from for tournaments.

She also picked up a Primordial Magic for me simply because she thought it looked cool, lol. I don't have any Neverborn to go with it yet, but I'll enjoy painting it up. Also got some more Sewer and Flame base accessories, which I know I'll definitely put to good use.

And it's not strictly Wyrd related, but she bought me an awesome book on making terrain, which will pretty much solely be used for making Malifaux terrain, since I don't play any other games that require terrain. Definitely going to have some fun with that! :)

Later this week, I'll probably buy myself a present or two in the form of Silent One(s) and the Essence of Power.

My wife gave me a pack of Waldgeist and for the family pollyanna her brother gave me Rasputina, Essence of Power, Hans and Leveticus.

It's really nice having a great FLGS since I can make a list and say, "Just go to Showcase Comics and ask for help." It's worked out wonderfully for me so far.

Family has actually been a good source for Malifaux for me this past year. Last Christmas I got the Malifaux rulebook for pollyanna and for my birthday I got the Ramos boxed set. I'm looking foward to see what I get in April for my birthday :)

Edited by bbb

My son has been borrowing a friends mini's to try the game and loves it, so for Christmas he got a Kirai box set. However much to both our surprise he also got one of the Miss Pack Models that Wyrd has been tossing into some of the starter sets. I also got him his own deck of course. With his Christmas money he also had me order 4 Gaki and 4 Seishin.

All I got was GW :(. Actually it was an awsome present and really loved it but I sort of found out about Malifaux a bit too late for christmas but tomorrow the Land Rover gods permitting (ie it starts) I should be able to pop down to Cardiff and finally get our rule books and at least three crews :D

I thought I was giving myself Lord Chompy Bits, but it still hasn't arrived.

I suspect that either Australian Customs have been buried by the seasonal rush, or it just happened to score a very slow - & probably asthmatic - pigeon.

Still, my birthday's only in October so I might have it by then!

:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell

I thought I was giving myself Lord Chompy Bits, but it still hasn't arrived.

I suspect that either Australian Customs have been buried by the seasonal rush, or it just happened to score a very slow - & probably asthmatic - pigeon.

Still, my birthday's only in October so I might have it by then!

:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell:marshmell

Sorry it still hasn't arrived. I sent that out right away.