Sonnia Criid Crew help

Montejello

If you have 2 obeys and one mask 7 or higher and any 10+ card for the nephilim I think he is really good . If you only have one obey he will probably not get into combat and get focused down with only a defense of 3.

The best thing about him in my opinion is in the ortega crew with him included it will provide good target saturation in a competitive setting however if your playing in a casual/ relaxed setting you probably wouldn't need him.

The closest model by comparison and point cost I would say would be the judge still a good melee model but has 2 higher defense and hard to wound one. However with him he doesn't exactly have a must deal with me sign that the executioner has attached to him.

So, does anyone ever take Purifying Flame with Sonnia? I made the mistake of buying models without really understanding the rules to the game, and I went with Purifying Flame to go with my Sonnia crew. Now that I understand the game a little bit better, it looks like maybe I should've went with the Governor's Proxy instead.

So, does anyone ever take Purifying Flame with Sonnia? I made the mistake of buying models without really understanding the rules to the game, and I went with Purifying Flame to go with my Sonnia crew. Now that I understand the game a little bit better, it looks like maybe I should've went with the Governor's Proxy instead.

the best use i have found for it is you can gout of flame its helath down by using it and then turn it into a witchling

o and welcome to the boards

Purifying Flame seems alright. Its extra firepower, and not much else. It suffers from the same problem as the other Master specific Guild totems in book 1 have: A lack of utility. The exception seems to be Perdita's. Most people just take the Enslaved Nephilim because it gives her an easier to cast, extra Obey. I'd love to see Sonnia, Lady J, and even Perdita get some new ones. Perhaps one for the Ortega leader that can grant Masks...

• 2 weeks later...

Sonnia vs. 'korps, what do you do?

Maybe I'm just basing this on the fact that the last game I had totally favored his team: limited terrain ideal for sniping but enough for reposition to avoid Austringer, better range on Von Schill/Trapper (everyone else I have only had 10"), better shooting/speed (Korpsman with CB5 on shooting vs. guild guard's 4) and defense and AoE means nothing. Plus, the Librarian healing 3 times a turn?! (it didn't help that he also had the best cards in every combat, I kept getting weak or the black joker, and I never had enough for casting)

The only thing that kept Sam and Sonnia alive was flame wall, but I still lost everything. Any advice aside from making sure we have more terrain next time and praying to the card gods?

-----

I think as long as my opponent is gonna keep using the I need to rely on my Beloved Ophelia (and Rami).