Come here my Doll

Ratty

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started with Vallejo brown rose. Gave it a wash of GW Leviathan purple wash. then worked up from Brown Rose to I believe Iraqi Sand but the label has worn off, gradually blending in to the Brown Rose. Then a thin highlight with Pale Sand into specific areas.

Why did they choose this name, it's a young character from Don Quixote[?...] she seems to be more based on Baba Yaga and the hag from the 3 wyrd sisters[...]

Zoraida, if it is a real name, means an uncertain but captivating woman. Basically an enchantress who is also a mystery to you. Saggy or haggy do not enter into the equation of what that name means.

~J~

OK some pictures of LCB.. he was a really interesting model to paint. I actually love the sculpt I much prefer it to the Nightmare version. But I'm not so sure on the colour scheme they used for him it's very bland. He has so much skin and is traditionally painted very dark, which leads to a dead boring model. I did as much as I could to break up the colour so it wouldn't be just black or grey. Including adding fresh blood onto the claws. Giving him a lighter pink belly. Adding extra tinting to things like the tail and making the entire top plate of the head bone.

LCB1.jpg

LCB2.jpg

LCB3.jpg

LCB4.jpg

Mr. Prunesquallor from the Aethervox was in Cambridge today. Really cool guy. He had his Dreamer crew with him and we had a very slow game (well him vs Buckdog were technically playing). But it quickly turned into me and him discussing trick and tactics and kindof puzzling out how to play the Dreamer. The Dreamer is really interesting, I think he is quickly going to become one of my favourite crews. Prunesquallor hadn't been able to pick up any Daydreams yet, his LGS was out so I lent him mine.. Those little guys are gold.

Edited by Ratty

Holy hell! I had no respect for that model (LCB) and youv made it look fantastic, love what you did with the bone plate head, the glow off the eyes is perfect, I'm so impressed! I keep going back to the links on your posts everytime I need painting inspiration! Just pick one and random and find something that blows you away!

Hye Ratty were they mods of the Wyrd figure or built from something else?

They look fantastic anyway...

And I though Japanese School Girls just played Coy with Tenticles but really loved them???

I sawed the Wyrd figure in half and then used the top as the legs of the 2nd Insid. Then I added extra tentacles from the sewer set and extra arms from the Gaki set and a few bits off the chaos spawn plastic set.