what to start?

shahryar

Having the first one has all the necessary rules, and its Errata is available on this site.

The second book contains information on the new figures, and some rules that cover new abilities and scenarios. I would definitely say get both if you plan on getting The Showgirls. Book 2 has rules that cover some of their abilities, as well as the statlist for Mechanical Doves, Colette's totem.

Dear Ja no! No no no no nononononononononononono! ::leaps into the air to shield shah::

Collette is a very, very pretty mini, and her crew is flavouful and lovely. However, for a new player she is a wretched, miserable mess that will net you nothing but frustration and heartache. She does not play normal. At all. Her rules are dense and confusing, as are those of her crew. Pick someone a bit more normal for your first box. Really. Then, if you like the game and get a handle on the rules, move back to her.

*hisses at Doctor Amos*

I agree in a sense with what he says, but to be honest, your first box needs to come from your attraction to them. Like me, I picked Pandora as my first box, just because little Candy is like a replica of me as a child. Ok So Pandy is VERY confusing to play, but you have to go with what you find the most enjoyable to look at and what gets your blood racing! (Lilith in my case) (oh and teddy... me LOVES my teddy) Many people go about gaming the practical way. But I dont understand why it should be about practicality, when gaming (or in my case, my LIFE) should be about falling in love with the models and then getting to know them. and if ANYONE says anything negative towards my Oozeboss, something nasty your way comes...

MUCH LOVE!

xxx

Edited by xxXhayzelXxx

I am new and I would say that it depends on your personality. I definitely agree with what hayzel is saying but I also know from experience that some players don't like getting beat into the ground game after game.

In other words, if you know you are persistent and enjoy a challenge, and especially if you have experience with other similar games, you should probably go with what models/characters/back stories you will enjoy the most.

However, if you know that you may not be as persistent when it comes to adversity in the game, you may want to look at easier crews. Especially if you are not attracted to complex rulesets/playstyle.

I for instance am starting Leveticus. Will he be hard to play? Yes. Do I love complex play styles that pay off heavily? YES

Anyway, my advice is more for general "which army do i play" questions as I get to answer them all the time. I am new myself to the game but I think the same rules probbaly apply to faction/army choosing.

I would try to borrow a book and maybe play a rough game or 2 with borrowed or "proxied" minis to try out some of the masters you are most interested. Ask yourself, am I in it for the story, the gameplay, the minis, or what? After getting that experience you should be able to weigh out what box is best for you!

Do you your research :albertein

and you will be fine!

Regards,

TV

When I started our Henchman just sat me down and said try this...

He dropped his Perdita crew in front of me and had me go against Lillith.

From there I realized that shooty armies are not my thing.

After I went home and stapled my butt back on, I read the rules and found my love for zombies.

So, my beginning experience was pretty odd. I knew that I was going against an expert and that losing was pretty much a guarantee, but I didn't quit because you never really get better by doing that.

Eventually I found my niche as the groups 'resident (evil) zombie guy'...and that's pretty much it.

Also when we have new people start out there is usually someone standing by or sitting next to them coaching them through. Not telling them what to do but just as someone sitting in their corner...so if any questions arise they will not go unanswered.

Originally Posted by tadaka viewpost.gif

Wow you ran around with poison candy and used sharp pointy things on people. Just a Joke :)

I think she meant she had a huge abnormally large head.

... as my xxXhayzelXxx would say:

if ANYONE says anything negative towards my (xxXhayzelXxx), something nasty your way comes...

:laughing::ahhhhh::laughing: