C. Hoffman and Leveticus

gunpowder saint

I had a brain storm. In a brawl these two old men would be probably the worst combination I've ever seen honestly. If Kirai and Nicodem are the worst the Ressers have to offer then this is by far the worst thing the guild can bring to the table. Allow me to Demonstrate.

C. Hoffman has an ability called Assimilate, allowing him to take any Talent or Spell possessed by Any Construct within 6" of him. So with Levi giving him access to ALL constructs [[except the Coryphee]] he could do some really ridiculous things.

ALSO! if you've never see a 40 year old man with Polio tunnel his way underground then you have NOT been playing C. Hoffman the Incorrect and Fun Way Because Tunneling doesn't specifically name any model, and a Talent is any Action, Ability or Trigger possessed by a model. C. Hoffman can indeed tunnel his way out of danger whenever it is needed.

Food for Thought

Override Edict on the Ashes and Dust

Burn Out on the Desolation Engine

25 Points of Rape, Both with Reactivate

C. Hoffman has an ability called Assimilate, allowing him to take any Talent or Spell possessed by Any Construct within 6" of him. So with Levi giving him access to ALL constructs [[except the Coryphee]] he could do some really ridiculous things.

Let's see, Pariah limits Leveticus to hiring only Constructs, Undead, and Soulless so he can be hired with C. Hoffman. However, this also excludes a bunch of Guild models which are regular living models, but I don't see this as an issue.

So, you pick Guild as your faction, hire C. Hoffman, then hire Leveticus, then Rusty Allice, etc. . .

Besides Coryphee you also can't hire the Mannequin because it requires hiring the performer, but this is no real loss for Hoffman & Leveticus. I'll miss those Coryphees though. The only really good model you can't hire because of Leveticus that I see is Coppelius because he isn't a Construct, Undead, or Soulless.

Nice find!

I don't think it is possible to play it that way round. You would have to play as Outcasts with Leviticus as your first Master and C.Hoffman as your second master. Leviticus allowing you to hire Hoffman as he's a construct.

If you played Guild C.Hoffman would have to be able to hire Levitcus which he can't. Hoffman can only hire Arcanist Constructs as far as I can see.

IE. you can play the pair up in almost exactly the way you suggest. But if there was a Tournament where you were playing Brawls and you stated you were playing Guild you couldn't run this pair.

But regardless of whether you choose Guild or Outcast as your faction Leveticus' crew selection dominates everything..

Yes, either of those Factions will work out with the same crew selection but the rules still say you must pick a Faction so I picked the Guild.

The first half of my previous post was a thorough check to see if it was legal (which Wodschow already pointed out is legal) and the second half is that the Mannequin and Coppelius could not be hired in that crew with Coppelius being a rather useful model against living enemies.

can we stop talking about HOW to hire Levi, and Hoffman and start talking about all the fun you can have!?

Okay.

For Henchmen we have Molly Squidpiddge with her Necrotic Machine totem and Collodi with his Marionettes. With two masters in a brawl you can have both.

Leveticus' Pariah prevents him from hiring totems, but Molly can always create a Necrotic Machine with Undead Construction.

The Marionettes are not insignificant so they can do the combo where they (0) Retract, and move around using (1) Pull Strings to move Collodi around the table with them and take objectives.

Collodi looks like the better choice to me between the two Henchmen, but we'll see what new goodies come with Molly's box set when it comes out.