Maxvon_d's Resurrectionists

maxvon_d

So I pretty much got my McMourning crew finished in time for the tournament we had here in London this past weekend. Less said about my performance in game the better, but I won a Malifaux Colouring Book for the paintjobs on my crew. Woohoo!

Anyway, here's the crew. Minus Mortimer - who is still in need of a bit of touching up before he gets his photos.

5162834350_c8a13a6323.jpg

McMourning Crew, Malifaux by Maxvon_d, on Flickr

And some individual shots of the newer ones:

5162227763_ea1f5f2cf1.jpg

Convict Gunslinger, Malifaux by Maxvon_d, on Flickr

5162227995_cff81ee3f3.jpg

Malifaux Nurse by Maxvon_d, on Flickr

5162228673_5b0a171962.jpg

Flesh Construct, Malifaux by Maxvon_d, on Flickr

5162833586_9a8fdd138d.jpg

Canine Remains, Malifaux by Maxvon_d, on Flickr

5162228575_94c049e408.jpg

5162833764_eecce7773a.jpg

You can click through to Flickr and see larger views or back shots of each. Or head on over to my blog where you can read about my ignominious defeats in the tournament, or a little commentary on the painting of the crew.

For McMourning and the others you can see shots in my WiP thread here on the Wyrd Forums.

Great job. I was following your thread as you were painting them but I didn't see a group pic. They really look fantastic all together.

I love the Gunslinger and have a small piece of advice for him. If you take your flesh color and water it down ALOT, wash it over your tatoos until it is dark enough for you. This takes the tattoos from looking as if they're painted on the skin to looking as if they are embedded under the skin.

I really like your attention to detail.

ah thats really nice :) liking the color choices etc.

joker inspired mcmourning.. toying with that as well tough mine is semi painted allready.

and I before never really liked the convict gunslinger, he felt not fitting the setting, but this one really does the job for me nice!

I myself am planning on using miss pack as a belle in mcmournings list, she's a more convincing mcmourning themed belle as a standard nurse to me :)

If you take your flesh color and water it down ALOT, wash it over your tatoos until it is dark enough for you. This takes the tattoos from looking as if they're painted on the skin to looking as if they are embedded under the skin.

I did that to some extent but possibly not enough. Definitely a learning for next time.

Especially the blue glow around the dogs eyes. Was that intentional, because if it was i would like to know how you did it.

Yep, it was intentional. I wanted all the resurrected minions to have glowing eyes. I tried to highlight the eyeball from turquoise green up to white and then as I recall I used coloured glazes around the eye area to represent the light spilling out. Strongest and brightest nearest the eyes.

Probably best example was the pug:

4754941409_2e68db88d4.jpg

McMourning's Dogs by Maxvon_d, on Flickr

• 2 weeks later...

And now I've finished off Mortimer. I'm pretty chuffed how this guy came out for some reason! I think it's the ruddy stubbly face. Yet again, a joy to paint :)

5202777746_e082b0e04c.jpg

Mortimer, Gravedigger (Malifaux) by Maxvon_d, on Flickr

5202777608_05e56d7a8d.jpg

5202777476_c393c85db3.jpg

Hmm, photo is a little under-exposed. Sorry about that.

As with the other Rezzers, he's based on a Kerr & King Dockside resin. Now that batch are mostly done I intend to get some water effect in there.

• 2 months later...