What's the largest number of players you have had in a single game?

Jonas Albrecht

The largest I've been in would be 4-player games. In such games you tend to run the risk of the players pairing off and it just becoming two 1v1 games on the same board. Making sure that everyone's playing a strategy that requires them to converge into the centre helps alieviate this though. So the best strategy I know of would have to be a shared claim jump.

In theory I think an 8-player game would work, but it'd take a while and you will definitely get crews pairing off against each other and ignoring the objective, especially if they realise that they won't be able to compete.

Could the game accommodate as many as 8 players in a single encounter?

The Little Wars guys just held an 8-player "team" big battle. 25 SS each.

I like the guys and enjoyed the game, but big battles like that really don't do it for me. The more players at a table, the longer the wait between "active" parts of the game, which means that you can be sitting there fore quite some time waiting for something to happen.

Like I said, I enjoyed the game, but I'd much prefer 2-3 player games, maybe 4 at most.

Treasure hunt works well. I think Wagons could be fun. I think you would have to be careful but your having to make up the rules as you go. including things like initiative order.. for the 2 v 2. we all drew cards and then the highest card went first, then the highest card of the opposition, then the 1st players partner then the the last person. So you didn't get 2 activations from one side in a row in a turn. For the 4 way we drew for initiative and then went clockwise from the the highest draw.

We've played 6 player free-for-alls several times and have noticed that you'll quickly burn through your hand and deck.

4 player games seem to suffer from the same problem but still work well.

The biggest issue as with any game "built" for two players that can be played multiplayer is the increase in the time it takes to play.