Ramos vs Perdita. Spiders or Ranged?

Bellygrub

I have a 45ss scrap coming up next week against Perdita. I've been struggling for the past week with coming up with a list. Do I max out on Spiders? Or do I try and squeeze in as much ranged as possible to try and counter the Ortega's.

I have never played against Perdita (and only played Ramos once) so I have no idea what I'm up against.

Right now at 45ss I have the following:

Ramos

Toolkit

Steampunk Arachnid

Steampunk Arachnid

Steampunk Arachnid

Joss

Gunsmith

Convict Gunslinger

Rusty Alyce

This leaves me with 4 stones for the boss. Am I lacking in arachnids here? Should I drop the Gunslinger for more spiders? Alyce for Johan? We've never played a game this large! So many choices! :boom:

I'm up against:

Perdita

Santiago

Franisco

3x Marshalls

Judge

2x Guild Hounds

and an Excecutioner

Arcanists can't out-gun the guild or even come close IMO. Trying to bring guns will play into their strengths. You'll want to get into their faces as quickly as possible.

I would bring spiders, Alyce and Coryphee. Coryphee are fast, hard to hit and kill and pack melee punch.

Ramos

toolkit 3

Alyce 10

Coryphee x2 14

Spider x5 15

5 stones for Ramos.

Keep the spiders separate until you can get into melee. Teh higher defense will be important.

I would bring spiders, Alyce and Coryphee. Coryphee are fast, hard to hit and kill and pack melee punch.

I may be completely off-base here since I don't have the books or cards in front of me, but I'm pretty certain that the Coryphees can only be hired by Colette. If I'm wrong, my apologies!

Corypheee are constructs, thus Ramos has influence.

Actually that's not the right reasoning. Ramos actually does not have the ability to hire any constructs(I believe Hoffman does). But the Coryphee restriction is that they can only be hired by an Arcanist crew. so Ramos can hire them.

Yeah, the coryphee are arcanist models so Ramos can take them without any questions (as Nilus) pointed out, they can only be hired by arcanists.

Hoffman can hire arcanist constructs without frozen or smoldering heart with additional cost.

Ramos can hire 2 of the guild constructs at additional cost.

Leveticus can hire any construct from any faction at no additional cost (barring things like the coryphee rule.)

Actually that's not the right reasoning. Ramos actually does not have the ability to hire any constructs(I believe Hoffman does). But the Coryphee restriction is that they can only be hired by an Arcanist crew. so Ramos can hire them.

Oops - thanks for correcting that. My apologies. :footinmou

I do believe though that Coryphee's could nto be taken with Hoffman, even though his ability says he can hire Arcanist Constructs (Since the Corpyhee specifically says cannot be taken out of faction).

Right Hoffmans ability is he can hire Arcanist constructs. The Corpyhee specifically say they can only be hired by Arcanists. Their ability trumps his.

Fixed that for you. I think you confused it with the mercenary rules and that not all the guild constructs have borrowed technology (Peacekeeper doesn't anyway).

True, I probably wasn't specific enough. The 2 I was referring 2 were the Guardian and Hunter, not 2 as in you could only take 2.

As for running Coryphee with Ramos, in treasure hunt they would be a godsend for his slow army.

I would recommend against taking joss against perdita since he is somewhat fragile if attacked before he gets his armor up. I would take two large arachnids instead since they have brutal making their damage output really good for 5 stones and you will have plenty of tomes since you are taking the toolkit. Also if you think he is going to take nino for any reason you can easily counter him with a cerberus.

-Heretic

Watch out taking Corys with Ramos as they easily outpace the rest of his gang which can leave them out on their todd to be alpha-striked by the Ortegas. Look up 'glass cannon' in the dictionary and if you look closely you'll see a little picture of a Coryphee. Keep them back until they get to a point where they can dance through the gunline and preferably end up in something's melee range forcing your opponent to shoot into combat with a 50/50 chance of hitting their own man

I like using things like Rattler or cerberus to disrupt gun lines, they have a greater threat range than most guns. Guild are generally going to beat the terrifying but you can get some major reduction in the shooting for a turn or two.

The steampunk executioner is nice in provinding cover, but is very vulnerable to a family alpha strike.

The Stratergy makes a huge difference to Ramos I find, as he can't cover the eventualities himself, unlike some masters. He wants to be just behind his constructs whilst they are in melee, but takes too long to get there if the enemy doesn't come to him, so something like Performers with their sirens call to bring his forces to you is another possibility.

Alright I think I've settled on my list. Thanks for all your help guys. As of right now I'm going:

Ramos

ToolKit

Alyce

Johan

Large Arachnid

Large Arachnid

Steampunk Arachnid

Steampunk Arachnid

Steampunk Arachnid

Steampunk Arachnid

Leaving me with 6 stones. I'm not totally opposed to swapping out Johann for a Guild Guardian which would leave me at 4 stones.

I'm a little worried about objective claiming but hopefully I'll be able to summon enough spiders to get some swarms going. Between the Spiders and the Abominations I should be able to summon enough to keep the Ortegas busy!

Edited by Bellygrub