Rasputina?

Obeisance

So, had an intro game today and decided I'm going to give Malifaux a shot.

I'm looking at Rasputina because a) all the models in the starter are usable and B) There's a cute gothrock band of the same name. <3

I've got a verrrry basic understanding of the rules and am just looking for a little advice on a 25SS crew to start with.

So..

Rasputina

Essence of Power

Ice Gamin

Ice Gamin

Convict Gunslinger

Ice Golem

25SS, only 4 Soulstones.

I figure the Essence is better than the Wendigo because it ensures she'll do better damage.

The Gunslinger, I'm so-so about. He's apparently awesome but eh.

Feel free to post lists/ideas/etc. Input would be appreciated.

So the list looks fine to me, though I am a fan of the December Acolyte but i like him only for some of the schemes.

In the new book or gal got some new fixens to play with, the gunsmiths, the slient ones and the storm its worth a look see.

But for the models that are out your list is what i would bring, save the addtion of one or two DAs.

Andrew Haught

im not a big fan of the ice golem as he is way too slow to get to people (once you play colette you kinda feel the hurt of wk3 without movement tricks). book 2 is your friend as it has some cool stuff to substitute in for the ice golem (although nothing is out yet). silent ones are pry gonna be an auto include as they increase raspys spell range wich is really cool. also you have the mechanical rider wich is win. she puts on the good hurt and she is a speed freak. but you should pry get a few games in with her box as youl get a feel on how she plays and then read on the stuffs in book 2 wich help with what your developed play style is.

• 2 weeks later...

When I woke up this morning, there was a package for me from Defiant!

crew.jpg

My Rasputina crew had arrived. They're so fresh out the box that the PVA binding the sand to the base is still setting. This is my first crew. =D

I planned to use cork tiles to create my walls of ice.. but they're too thin/flimsy... and I think doubling it up will look weird.

wallofice.jpg

What should I make them out of? =(

ps. Rasputina has tiny fingers.

I would totally use Plexiglass for making walls of ice. :) EDIT: Spraying some matte clear coat onto plexiglass makes a cool frosted effect.

I'm considering a Raspy crew down the road, since I've delved into Arcanists mostly of late anyways with Colette and Ramos.

Edited by LoboStele

Interesting Idea with the cork board.... I would suggest, since it is supposed to be a pillar, not really a wall, is to put another peice on each side, a bit smaller than the first peice. Then another peice on each side, even smaller. So, sort of build them up like an ice mountain of sorts. then just break off little chunks and add little chunks to smooth it all out.

Actually, that may be exactly what I do for mine. But they'll just be a master for a mold, as I'm going to make mine out of clear resin.