Lady J <3 The Judge

mantastyle

No, dude, you're cool. No need to go back to lurking. It's my fault. I forget how many new players have come on board and there's really no way for you to know which of us are Developers, writers, Wyrd confidants, whatever, much less really know our online personas.

As I've gotten more and more work for Wyrd and in my real life, I'm hammering the forums less than I was in the past, too. Keep contributing as you want. You might be able to figure out who we all are and even if you don't, we're just fans of the game, too! You can argue with us.

And, like EricJ designs models, I'm also a good thief. If someone comes up with something clever, I just might steal it! (however, I'm already working on Book IV, so it had better be far reaching!)

I don't think they did it right. :P:

There you go again scaring people with your babble. :P

i think its posible that either bothe or one of them is dead, and if its just the one im thinking the judge, he was in love with lady, he died she rezzed him, he turnd into a melted face dude, she couldnt live with it took out her own eyes so she didnt have to see what she had done and denounced necromancy. she now seeks to kill the peaple who use it becus they dont think of the loved ones or something. it fits with the vibe of the witch hunter is a witch. the construct hunter relys on constructs. the nephalim (natral inhabitants of malifaux) hunter has a natral affinity with malifaux (bullet bending description) similer to lilith (can see and charge through terrain, similarities?) just my thoughts

I was thinking about the same thing, the irony of the guild masters. The only one that really fits, though, is Sonnia. Perdita's kind of a stretch, and hoffman isn't hunting just constructs, but contruct/flesh hybrids (like his brother or the steamborg executioner).

i admit perdita's a stretch, but if they wanted it to be obvius they would just tell us, maybe its ment to be a stretch to throw us of, wirters are evil like that :). and yes with the hoff i supose the bigger irony is his brother being what he is, rather than him using constructs and his harness.

I forget how many new players have come on board and there's really no way for you to know which of us are Developers, writers, Wyrd confidants, whatever, much less really know our online personas.

As I've gotten more and more work for Wyrd and in my real life, I'm hammering the forums less than I was in the past, too.

How does one apply for Wyrd Confidant?

BTW I might be seeing the Executioner comparison now.

Is it possible that Lady J is Neverborn? (Like Victoria #2)

If Anything I suspect Lucius of being a Neverborn, when I first saw the picture of Lucius the first thing I noticed is his Mask it looks quiet a bit like the Neverborn Mask :\ or at least that's what I think... either he's a human delving in the same thing that condemned the original inhabitants, which is what caused them to become neverborn. Or he IS neverborn and is being hired by the guild, Like Sacajawea or something lol

Is it possible that Lady J is Neverborn? (Like Victoria #2)

I have thought about this before and it does work with idea that lady J, mystous past, rouge netherborn perhapes we do know all of the neatherborn all the orginal inhabitants of maifaux and we also know that not all the orginal inhabitants of malifaux are Neatherborn

If Anything I suspect Lucius of being a Neverborn, when I first saw the picture of Lucius the first thing I noticed is his Mask it looks quiet a bit like the Neverborn Mask :\ or at least that's what I think... either he's a human delving in the same thing that condemned the original inhabitants, which is what caused them to become neverborn. Or he IS neverborn and is being hired by the guild, Like Sacajawea or something lol

i think it's possible, but more likey he's connected to one of tyrants/old gods of malifaux like tina and Hamlin

Edited by Sliver Chocobo

I think it seems pretty evident from the chronicles that Lady J and Judge have something going on. She constantly calls him 'Dear Heart', comments on his jealousy about the way other men look at her and even runs up and hugs him at one point. Marriage? Well, maybe not but there's definably something there.

• 3 weeks later...
Platonic love, maybe. I think both are individuals driven against the undead for personal reasons, and wouldn't really be the types to complicate their crusade based relationship with a physical one. Especially not Lady Justice.

What part of 'runs up and hugs him' insinuates a non physical relationship? Also, Judge is frequently jealous and frustrated at other men that admire Lady Justice's more feminine features and to top it off, Lady Justice constantly calls the Judge 'Dear Heart' in fact, she often refers to him as 'My Judge' when talking to others about him (though admittedly, that's a lot more subtle). :sleepy:

I think there is definably something going on there. It certainly doesn't seem platonic.

Platonic could also mean unrequited love. Ie, not unlikely courtly love.

Not that they would not have a physical relationship, but that circumstances (whatever that might be) prevent them from having one, or would greatly discourage it.

The Judge's "condition" might be one factor. The general dynamics of their relationship towards each other, another. Guild politics yet another.

Platonic could also mean unrequited love. Ie, not unlikely courtly love.

Not that they would not have a physical relationship, but that circumstances (whatever that might be) prevent them from having one, or would greatly discourage it.

The Judge's "condition" might be one factor. The general dynamics of their relationship towards each other, another. Guild politics yet another.

Certainly, it could indeed mean unrequited love, however, this does not seem to be the case. Again, Lady Justice constantly refers to Judge by her 'pet name' for him and Judge, likewise, is quite open to Lady Justice about his feelings for her and she has seemingly no qualms about it; she does not tell him it's unprofessional, withdraw in any way or find the situation awkward.

Certainly, a sexual relationship is questionable, Wyrd aren't really in the business of producing -that- kind of story and there is still a lot we don't know but I think it is reasonable to assume, given the information that we -do- have, that Lady Justice doesn't run up and hug her Death Marshals or call everyone 'Dear Heart' on regular basis.

From this I think it is reasonable to assume that the love is not unrequited.

• 3 weeks later...
I mean more in the sense that the Judge doesn't really return her affections, not the other way around.

He's pretty nonreciprocal (unless I've forgotten some bit of the story)

I see what you meam...could he just not be being a sterotypical guy in this respect:

1)Hes incredibly jealous of other guys looking at his GF (something he is vocal about

2) LJ being more open/affectionate than her B is hardly a new one.

3) I know part of it is imagery, but the fact that the only major facial feature not covered by hair/scarf (although I know by glasses) is his eyes: makes them "the greater whole".

4)I think there are lots of levels to their relationship, but I think Wyrd has defiently delved into "these" relationships- Kirai and Francis is the best example...

All in all they are an awesome pair, but I think the mystery is the best feature about them...it turns corny into mysterious, so I think leaving us guessing, on balance, it one of the best things about them!!