Scratch Built Teddy - Finished!

DangerousBeans

Makes you wonder how Wyrd stays in business once you break it down like that, huh?

;)

Here's the short version:

The costs DB quoted fall under "developmental costs" (the sort of stuff covered by patents and copyrights). These costs for one model, if masters and good molds are made, can be re-couped over time by selling more models.

If DB's development costs were say $120 (for sake of argument) and his initial setup costs were $30 (molds, masters), he has invested $150. If he sells mini kits for the model at $15 per kit, he has to sell 10 kits to break even.

(winks and nudges DB)

I'm envious of your awesome Teddy. I like how the joints where he is sewn together are bloody and bruised. There is something absurdly frightening in appearing to be both a cloth doll full of fuzz and still be made of real viscera and gore.

This reminds me of the scene from the film Child's Play... when Chucky is created...

Wow! I almost just failed my morale duel.

This sure is one fuzzy abomination!

You've done extremely well on both your sculpt and your paint job.

Many, many kudos to you, sir! (You are a sir, right?)

Thanks! And I was last time I checked. There's a rough price breakdown on this thread. Also I did a blog on it somewhere else in this section.