Alp Questions! Alps Alps Alps.

thaehl

Ok so the Alps to me seemed like they worked alot better in play than on paper! so the alp rests at 3SS and those whom have the book might be able to help here, the ability Smother, does that work on everyone or are all constructs and undead immune this most hanus of shananigans? Also under the same bracket Rasputina and those with cold heart are immune as well....right?

Er, does it state moral flip? That's all constructs/undead are immune to. I've only seem the beta rules, but Smother is just a Wp-12 duel iirc? Constructs/whatever don't have immunity to those, that's immune to influence that does that.

So, to answer your question, wrong :P Half the game isn't comprehensivley immune to their stuff.

EDIT: Unless by some twist of dementia they have made it a morale duel, in which case totally alters their purpose. I can't imagine this happening, as surley being able to do their thing on everything as opposed to being -another- weird source of terrifying is more important? Just, to answer your question, if the ability has the words "Is a moral duel" in it, then you're right, if not, wrong.

It's just a flat wp -> 12 duel with negative flips based on the number of Alps near by. It affects all types of enemy models. Unless your immune to Wp duels, your not immune to their ability. Even then, just getting slow near them hurts you. Or taking a Wk/Strike action in 1" hurts you. They are very nasty but very fragile.

I had LCB and three alps appear around Perdita. LCB hit her once for about like 4 damage and poison.

I then proceeded to be stuck there. Since if I activated I would take the poison action, and just about any action I would take would cause me 3 wounds.

They are nasty.

Oh, Sorrows are still great units. Hold a tome in your hand (I think their Df trigger is off of Tomes) and when they try to kill you, cheat the Tome and make them ditch a bunch of cards. And Leach Life is still quite annoying. For 3ss I'll take an one over 3ss for Zoraida, even if it's just to give one of the kids something cheap to Martyr to.

• 2 weeks later...
I had LCB and three alps appear around Perdita. LCB hit her once for about like 4 damage and poison.

I then proceeded to be stuck there. Since if I activated I would take the poison action, and just about any action I would take would cause me 3 wounds.

They are nasty.

Well at lest Perdita is immune to there will power tests via immuen to influence.

I wish I chose to play her, I was playing Nicadem's undead, and since tehy make you WP tests -xflips where x = how meny alps that are in range plus you need to get a wp test of 12, I was at the point where The dreamer places them all around my undead stuff and i was had to a -4flip on my willpower tests or I took 5-7 wounds. and if i died another alp would apear. there were so meny i could get out. So it was activate and then die, there nasty. the only thing that saved me was mindless zombies, decay and paralyzing LCB every turn.

It seems to me that alps are one of the most powerful units in the new book for LCBs. I am wondering why more players arn't talking about them on the forums.

-Andrew

That's just the Dreamer trying to Bury his opponent's worst nightmares so they won't know what's happening until it's too late :P

I agree the Alps are powerful with LCB to move them around. One thing I would note is that if your opponent has activation superiority, the Alps are likely to go down fast to things outside their msphere of influence. So, make sure you bring even MORE alps so this doesn't happen.

Summary: Best way to cover the Alps weak points is with more Alps.