New player and (most of) what I've painted (pic heavy)

Magius

Well, a couple weeks ago, I finally decided to look over the rules for this game, and... decided to jump in head first, as I usually do. I have 4 starter sets purchased and painted (a bit short on pictures, as my camera died while taking the pictures... I'll try to post the rest tomorrow): Lady Justice, Perdita, the Viktorias, and Marcus (this is the one that's a bit shy on pictures...). Only one shot came out kinda blurry, so I hope you all enjoy:

DSCN0548.jpg

DSCN0550.jpg

DSCN0552.jpg

DSCN0555.jpg

DSCN0557.jpg

DSCN0559.jpg

DSCN0561.jpg

DSCN0563.jpg

DSCN0565.jpg

DSCN0567.jpg

DSCN0569.jpg

DSCN0571.jpg

DSCN0573.jpg

DSCN0575.jpg

DSCN0577.jpg

DSCN0579.jpg

By the way, if anyone's interested, the background setting for these pictures was Worldworks Games Streets of Himmelveil and Thoumonts TLX products.

Magius out.

Edited by Magius
Title Change

Really like those

colour coding the bases to the faction is a neat idea

dodge

I've done this too. But when I started to play Leveticus, I was forced to use a single colour to make my crew look coherent.

As for the posted models: they all look great but the pics are a bit dark unfortunately. Keep up the good work!

Well, it took a few more days than I thought it would, but I finally got the rest of my painted minis photographed... And bought and painted many, many more... So, without further ado, the rest of my collection as it currently stands:

DSCN0585.jpg

DSCN0586.jpg

DSCN0588.jpg

DSCN0589.jpg

DSCN0591.jpg

DSCN0593.jpg

DSCN0594.jpg

DSCN0595.jpg

DSCN0596.jpg

DSCN0597.jpg

DSCN0600.jpg

DSCN0601.jpg

DSCN0604.jpg

DSCN0606.jpg

DSCN0607.jpg

And, to cap it all off, my collection in the foam I'm using to carry it right now:

DSCN0610.jpg

DSCN0611.jpg

Magius out.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I got my pieces from the GenCon special, and got all but Miss Pack painted - which, of course, means another batch of pictures of what I've done. Which means, if I don't miss my guess, this'll be the first user pic of the special edition of Lord Chompy Bits:

DSCN0614.jpg

DSCN0616.jpg

DSCN0617.jpg

DSCN0618.jpg

DSCN0623.jpg

DSCN0622.jpg

DSCN0620.jpg

DSCN0619.jpg

Hope you all like the figures.

Magius out.

Thanks for the feedback, everyone. I have to say, I love painting these models - so unique and full of character (which is one thing keeping me from getting the rest of my Warmachine minis repainted - not only have I painted them before, but so many of them are exact duplicates of each other...)

You are fast and good, congrats on your models, everyone tend to paint Colette`s crew with bright and shinny colors, but i always like them a little darker like yours, great work.

Question: what kind of paper do you use to print the wwg terrain?

For my WWG terrain, I use 110 lb. Index Cardstock, printed using a Brother laser printer, and edged with a brown Sharpy permanent marker (except the roof, on which I used blue).

Magius out.

Great job! I have my Colette box and my Lord Chompybits now, but I'm not as fast/prolific as you. Mine are...primed. And Chompy's assembled.

The cotton idea on the bases for them is pretty cool! I have my own little twisted ideas for them, I'll post pics once they're done.

Keep up the good work!

• 4 weeks later...

Huge batch of minis this update... 4 starter boxes assembled, primed, painted, and sealed in just under a week:

So, without further ado, I present you with Som'er Teeth, Ophelia, Seamus, and Kirai with their default crews:

DSCN0629.jpg

DSCN0630.jpg

DSCN0632.jpg

DSCN0633.jpg

DSCN0634.jpg

DSCN0635.jpg

DSCN0636.jpg

DSCN0637.jpg

DSCN0638.jpg

DSCN0639.jpg

DSCN0641.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

DSCN0643.jpg

DSCN0644.jpg

DSCN0646.jpg

DSCN0647.jpg

DSCN0648.jpg

DSCN0649.jpg

DSCN0650.jpg

DSCN0651.jpg

DSCN0652.jpg

DSCN0653.jpg

DSCN0654.jpg

DSCN0655.jpg

And, finally, my whole Wyrd collection to date:

DSCN0657.jpg

This was the first time I've tried doing a bayou-style base, and I steered away from going the standard route of making it a bubbling cesspool. Just a gentle slope into some muddy water, and I think it gives it a good look.

If you're wondering, the background for this set is one of the pieces from the GW Terrain Tile system that I've painted and flocked.

Magius out.

Thanks for the comments. I try to fit the base to the models, so the Guild are in a barren desert, Marcus is in the middle of a grassy field, Collette and the girls are on stage, the gremlins in the middle of a watery bayou, Pandora and her woes in a padded room in an insane asylum, and Kirai's spirits and The Dreamer's Nightmares emerging from a dense fog.

I'm not sure quite when I'll get to my next batch of minis, but keep an eye here for when I get them all bought, painted up, and ready for viewing.

Magius out.