Another Seamus crew (Lots of pics you have been warned!)

Stargazer

• 1 month later...

Very nice! I love how all the Belles' outfits look.. dirty, but not muddy. Like.. they look like they've been dragged around on undead bodies for a while, but they're meant to look that way, not just covered in wash-- especially the green one.

Also, I love the gradiation effect on the parasols.

Time for another update, this isn't specifically relating to my Seamus gang but I thought I'd post here instead of starting a new thread. So I've recently been asked to do a commission for a friend and the brief was for muted tones with lots of browns etc. So I gave it a stab and here's Samael Hopkins

CIMG1942.jpg

CIMG1952.jpg

CIMG1953.jpg

CIMG1954.jpg

CIMG1946.jpg

As usual please leave C&C

Thanks

Stargazer

Thanks guys for all of the comments it really helps keeping me motivated to carry on with all of the painting I've got lined up.

@Omenbringer. I cant remember the exact recipe because it isn't straight out of a pot and I tend to mix alot of my colours.

My guess would be, GW Goblin Green with added GW Red Gore, then a bit of GW Camo Green, this should look quite muddy and not really green at all. Then add the old GW Dark Angels Green Ink to your taste. For highlights just add more GW Commando Khaki as you go. Also add washes of black mixed with the green ink before beginning highlighting

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful but I kinda realised the colour I wanted in my head and so just got mixing til it sorta looked right

Stargazer

Hey guys me again, I should have an update for you shortly (Nino Ortega to be precise) However I'm currently a bit stuck, what colour to do his shirt? I know the Studio model has a dirty white shirt but the thing is I dont feel that wearing white really fits with his hunter role...

So what are your opinions? Which colour should I do? Any suggestions no matter how ridiculous are welcome and will be considered

Thanks

Stargazer

hmmm is an interesting thought, yeh the coat and hat are brown, I've painted him with gloves which are dark red, and he has blue trousers (trust me it looks alright although it might sound a little colour clashy) I was thinking a black top although it's very boring. I think, though if I did any other colour although I would paint it in dark tones it might be too much going on with the skin tones etc

Edit: could a mod please change the name of this thread to Stargazer's Painting Thread? Thank you

Edited by Stargazer
Message to mods

Ok here we go as promised I finally got around to taking pics of Nino. I'm afraid I didn't do a Ride the Lightning T-Shirt as this was a commision and I thought it would be best not to do something that didnt fit in with the rest of the crew. Anyway without any further ado:

CIMG1966.jpg

CIMG1965.jpg

CIMG1964.jpg

CIMG1963.jpg

So guys tell me what you think, sorry about the crappy pics my camera/lighting really isnt that great!

Stargazer

• 1 month later...