The Malifaux bag from Battlefoam

Tumling

My Sabol case got crushed and damaged some figs,

What would crush a Sabol case that wouldn't crush this? It looks like a similar design philosophy to my Sabol motor pool. (a clothy bag with trays inside) Are the trays harder?

I like the pick and plucks because I have so many GW minis and they are horrendous for trying to fit even the simplest infantry figures into regular spaces.

Currently my Malifaux collection hangs out in the bottom of my KR case under my Warmachine stuff (well most of it- why did Terminus' wings have to be so big...)

All that said I will still be looking at the Battlefoam as I have many, many more minis left to organise.

What would crush a Sabol case that wouldn't crush this? It looks like a similar design philosophy to my Sabol motor pool. (a clothy bag with trays inside) Are the trays harder?

I like the pick and plucks because I have so many GW minis and they are horrendous for trying to fit even the simplest infantry figures into regular spaces.

Currently my Malifaux collection hangs out in the bottom of my KR case under my Warmachine stuff (well most of it- why did Terminus' wings have to be so big...)

All that said I will still be looking at the Battlefoam as I have many, many more minis left to organise.

Battlefoam is canvas sewn around a hard plastic liner. I had a 13 year-old sit on my Pack 720 that was half-empty and it wasn't crushed. Granted, he was a rather small 13 year-old, but still.

For those of you that love the pluck style foam. Battlefoam makes a plucky foam tray, and it is well worth it. The foam its self is better and the construction of the trays is way better then the sabol cases (not knocking on sabol). I have used other companies plucky foam, and it was garbage, i purchased 1 plucky foam case for another game and it was fantastic. I would much prefere to get the custom trays for my models, but when needed BF's plucky trays are way better.

I currenty have 3 battlefoam bags. The malifaux one will be my 4th. I will never purchase foam from any other company..

I am really glad that Outrider Hobbies won, I like there product a lot more then battle foam.

Atticus that court stuff is interesting to read.

Thanks for posting the results I was wondering what happened.

I know my bother owns the battle foam Flames of war bag he got it from work (Works for battlefront) And as soon as he saw Outriders trays he swap them out. When he flew back down to New Zealand he left the battle foam at home in favor of his new trays. I know for flames of war they are a lot better, there more planned out with more models per tray and a stronger wall/glue. For an example of trays made by battle foam had just a large square for tanks where as the outrider had the foam fit the tank and had a small gap for the tank gun to fit in, just a better fit for flames of war and an over all better product IMHO.

This is just an opinion of mine, To each there own and so forth. Since I started as flames of war player Outrider just impressed me more for model trays, and thus I support them and there product.

-Andrew Haught

Edited by TimeLapse

Im sitting next to a battle foam case right now it has lasted through so much, they are durable, sides are rigid, foam is just the right consistancy, and thinking that a sheet of foam from BF goes for around fifteen your not actually paying alot for a bag like this, Ive dropped my bag from a two story building and nothing was damaged inside these bags are awesome, and I stand by the price my case is smaller and cost abour the same, the fact foam is included is a plus! If im spending a few hundred on a game as a whole seventy more to keep all of my time and money investments safe is well worth it. well thats my two cents.

Im sitting next to a battle foam case right now it has lasted through so much, they are durable, sides are rigid, foam is just the right consistancy, and thinking that a sheet of foam from BF goes for around fifteen your not actually paying alot for a bag like this, Ive dropped my bag from a two story building and nothing was damaged inside these bags are awesome, and I stand by the price my case is smaller and cost abour the same, the fact foam is included is a plus! If im spending a few hundred on a game as a whole seventy more to keep all of my time and money investments safe is well worth it. well thats my two cents.

I love the bags too....but TWO STORIES? Really? Why?

Ive dropped my bag from a two story building and nothing was damaged inside

Why am I reminded of the old Samsonite commercials with an elephant sitting on the suitcase or a steamroller rolling over one?

I'll echo the other's sentiments, why on earth would you do that? Didn't want to carry the bag down the stairs and decided to go the quicker route? Playing Malifaux or other mini game on the roof?

I'm a little dubious of that claim. That is some exceptional plastic and foam. Also, given some of the allegations in the lawsuit, I'm leery of internet endorsements of these products. One of the unintended consequences of lawsuits, after reading about the case and especially the judge's order, should I find myself in the market for a new bag and pre-cut foam, I doubt I'll be buying this product.

well lets see whole tons of internet people saying product is good, a few disgruntled NY gamers saying not so. Me who hangs out with said disgruntled gamers I pass on their word of mouth.

All i every used for cases were Sabol, GW, Plano removable tackle box trays(mainly as a portable hobby station, Plano Giant tackle box (line that one with some foam you have an excellent Baneblade Transport, Boxes I personally reinforced and lined with foam (no one makes a Valkryie/Tower of Skulls/Plague Tower/Warhound Titan Carrying case). I have a feeling now that I said that someone will build a forge world Titan Carrying Case for those megabattles where you absolutely need 30 story giant bipedal machine support.

so you know I might add the company into my decision making dice which means i gotta either downgrade to a d4 or upgrade to a d8.

The Battlefoam case looks very good, and I like the branding, however I could get an equivalent KR case for half that money. Still, will check it out when I'm in the States in October.

Personallly I use a Feldherr case which holds 32 figures in a soft case - which I've modified to take Peacekeeper (plus a separate shoulder bag for rules, cards, etc.) Paid less than £20 from my LGS http://www.wargamesworkshop.co.uk/ProductList.aspx?CatID=7&DivID=59&GrpID=603

• 2 weeks later...

I have a friend who has one of the MASSIVE Battlefoam bags for his HUGE IG army, I've seen it in action and drool on the thing when ever he leaves it too close.. it is a work of foam art.

Everything fits perfectly, everything is snug and safe. He travels up and down Queensland with that monster and his figs have gotten there safe every time.

I plan to get the BF-Malifaux bag and use it to transport my Mali figs and my metal 40k figs. Plenty of space, plenty of room for all my books, dice, templates, and other stuff. it's going to be a pleasure to own it.

You guys think it's expensive for 70$ in the US, I have to pay anouther $49 US to get it shipped to Australia, making it a grand total of $119 then convert it to australian.

Yeah that sucker is $140 with very little change.. and you know what.. I DO NOT CARE.

Why? You ask? I have hundreds of dollars of minis going into that thing, probably close to half a grands worth by the time it's full.. and if spending $140 on an Insurance policy on them to make sure I have peice of mind when traveling with my mini's, knowing they are all safe snug and protected? Then I will spend it without a second guess or a second thought.

Thankyou Battlefoam, thankyou for making a product that is worth every cent of my hard earned cash. I've already pre-ordered and paid for it. I can't wait for this thing to cuddle my Lady Justice and her crew into many battles to come.

I have the Battlefoam Flames of War bag which I am very happy with. Would consider getting a 2nd if they were still available in the UK.

Looked at the malifaux bag and it kind of looks the wrong way up, on the FOW bag you open it and there are about 5-6 trays sat flat on top of each other which seems sensible.

With this bag it looks as though you have to turn it upside down to get some models out?? I know the packing is pretty good but I would still prefer to keep the bag the same way up at all times.

Have I just got confused? (easily possible)

Andy