The Malifaux bag from Battlefoam

Tumling

MalifauxBagFrontSmall.jpg

The Malifaux Bag comes with pre-loaded foam designed to fit the unique models in the Wyrd Miniatures range. Each bag will have the following foam trays included with your purchase:

1x 2 inch thick Pluck Foam tray to handle large models and unique shapes.

1x 1.5 inch thick tray with 32x 2 x 1 1/4 inch cut outs.

1x 1.5 inch thick tray with 36x 1 x 1 1/2 inch cut outs and 8x 1 1/8 x 1 3/4 inch cut outs.

Bag Dimensions - 12.5W X 10.5L X 7H

The bag will hold 5.75 inches of foam.

Check it out yourself here

Cant wait for WaylandGames to get it home... :)

Does anyone know if it can fit every model, I know it comes with the pluck tray, but does that one tray have room for all the unique shapes, if you got more Crews... ?

Hahaha, that price is a joke. No way I'd pay that much. I get that some people are a little more liberal with their cash, but I'd rather use that money to buy a tool box, craft foam, the Lady J set, and a peacekeeper. Plus I'd still get cash back.

That said, it does look nice. If somebody gave me one, I'd use it.

it is a nice bag, but 70 dollars is huge. I could buy two more starters for that and still have money left over. I will just stick to my old carrying case. Ya the battlefoam bag is durable but I you treat your own bag with care you wont have to worry about them breaking.

I'm a Sabol Army Transport man myself. I've had them for years and love the product line.

That said...

I've seen the Battle Foam WM bags at the FLGS and the quality that goes into their assembly is top notch. If I hadn't invested in Sabol previously I'd definitely consider going with BF. The prices are higher, but bag-wise I think the bags are stronger and the pockets and whatnot on the side for Mal are a great addition to the bag.

I'm simply more a fan of the plucked foam/decide it myself than the precut foam trays.

I've done Reaper, GW, Sabol and even my own toolbox cases with magnetic bases. I will definately invest in the Battle Foam. I've had my Battle Foam case for 2 years now. It's perfect. Fits in the required size bin for airlines and has never failed me. The foam is still in excellent shape. I travel a lot and my figs have to come with.

My Sabol case got crushed and damaged some figs, GW foam disolved for some reason. Reaper....foam is garbage. Case is pretty good. But, I will not buy a case from another company until they can prove they put more thought into their cases and the people buying them than Battle Foam has.

I spend too much time assembling and painting my figs to put them at risk and I'm ALWAYS confidant that my figs will arrive safe at whatever destination I'm going to. The price is justified. I will grant you that the case is a little big for most Malifaux players as they don't have more than maybe 3 crews. Me, I'm a collector. So, I will have them all at some point and already have 8 crews. So, it's fantastic for me.

In fact, I will probably sell some unused 40K to afford to get some custom trays done as I love their Space Hulk trays. Those fiddly little parts on the Terminators have survived a TON of carrying around in those trays. I don't think they would have in anything else.

But, it's not for everyone and I understand being on a budget. However, if you're judging without having seen one in person, I would do whatever I could to check one out. They are the best on the market hands down.

I got to put my hands on the bag at Origins.

I was very impressed actually. $70 is a steep price though. I actually have 3 Sabol bags. Two Platoons and a Motor Pool.

Having looked at the Battlefoam foam trays I can say that they are of much better construction quality. Also, the option to have custom cut outs done is huge as all of my bases are non standard heights.

So, yes the price is high. However, if you have 2 or 3 crews completely fleshed out the bag is certainly worth it.

As a bonus it has pouches for decks as well as a space for the rule book and a measuring tape. In fact, with the bag all you would need is terrain. (Not portable really. Trust me.)

I personally will be getting one.

a friend of mine told me the customer service for them though nice with the lifetime warrenty is very "feck off we don't need you as a customer" when you complain. Which when customer service is that shite I honestly would go somewhere else.

I had the opposite occur. I had to call them once when the wrong tray got shipped with my bag and they were very appologetic and sent the correct tray out immediately.

well the first time yes they are cool. But like after a few times of them messing up they get angry and take it out on you the customer.

Now keep in mind what i heard about their customer service and the guy that runs the company makes me not want to even deal with them. Now keep in mind you may have only had one problem. the person i know had like six problems in one order. They basically sent him an e-mail that said rather diplomatically "feck off we do not need you as a customer."

I know the person not to lie about something like that.

@ HPSoundwave, I don't want this to come off as an attack, because it is not. I value everyones opinion and try my best to grow from positive criticism. Now you don't have to like me personally but keep in mind we have 10 hard working employees that kick butt at customers service.

I hardly believe that anyone of our employees would reply back to someone 6 times with a negative attitude. I also know that if a problem with an order reaches even 1 complaint I step in and fix the problem.

None of our employees or I have ever or would ever tell any customer that "we don't need them". That would be business suicide and completely outrageous.

I value each person that decides to spend their hard earned dollars on our products and your friend is no exception. If he truly had a bad experience I would welcome him to contact me direct and I would more then gladly make things right or refund him his money. I do this for everyone and always watch the backs for our customers.

If this is some kind of smear effort to make us look bad, then I have nothing else to say to that. I hope customers can make their own decisions when buying products from Battle Foam or any other company.

Romeo

Battle Foam

Protecting Your Army

For skirmish-level games like Malifaux, I'm a big fan of the oldie-but-goodie chessex hard plastic case: http://www.chessex.com/figure%20boxes/Figure_Storage_Boxes.htm

For my bigger armies, I've always used Sabol. I'm a fan of the pick-and-pluck foam for customization on the fly.

Jim

If you like Sabol, give Battlefoam a shot. Their cut foam will allow many more models to fit than Pluck foam (while also being more study) and since their trays have twice the surface area, the Malifaux bag has as much, if not more storage space than the Army Transport for exactly the same price. It also has a hard plastic liner and won't fall apart after 6 months.

I didn't think much of Battlefoam until I bought one. Hands down the best purchase ever. Worth every penny and price per model stored the same as Sabol.

For skirmish-level games like Malifaux, I'm a big fan of the oldie-but-goodie chessex hard plastic case: http://www.chessex.com/figure%20boxes/Figure_Storage_Boxes.htm

For my bigger armies, I've always used Sabol. I'm a fan of the pick-and-pluck foam for customization on the fly.

Jim

Just a note. Battle foam does make pluck foam as well. A better version pluck foam than most (if not all) in my opinion. The walls are sturdier. I don't care what bag you're using if the foam is bad. You're figs are doomed.

Not at Jim: And I'm still not convinced on the bad customer service. Yes, I've had one bad experience. But BF handled it. it sounds to me like someone just woke up on the wrong side of the bed that day or was ticked off that the order wasn't right and all the customer service in the world wouldn't pacify him/her . Which I can understand. But, I always take second hand accounts with a grain of salt.

@ HPSoundwave, I don't want this to come off as an attack, because it is not. I value everyones opinion and try my best to grow from positive criticism. Now you don't have to like me personally but keep in mind we have 10 hard working employees that kick butt at customers service.

I hardly believe that anyone of our employees would reply back to someone 6 times with a negative attitude. I also know that if a problem with an order reaches even 1 complaint I step in and fix the problem.

None of our employees or I have ever or would ever tell any customer that "we don't need them". That would be business suicide and completely outrageous.

I value each person that decides to spend their hard earned dollars on our products and your friend is no exception. If he truly had a bad experience I would welcome him to contact me direct and I would more then gladly make things right or refund him his money. I do this for everyone and always watch the backs for our customers.

If this is some kind of smear effort to make us look bad, then I have nothing else to say to that. I hope customers can make their own decisions when buying products from Battle Foam or any other company.

Romeo

Battle Foam

Protecting Your Army

Not a personal attack but I heard bad things. Now as many of us know in our respective areas we are generally small communities that purchase things based on word of mouth. For example this game I would never have even known about it had the club i go to at a pub each wednesday introduced it and I was like "wow those minis are cool and no dice you say" So I checked out the website and here I am.

The same goes for all the role playing stuff and miniatures stuff I buy. I hear somewhere has awesome stuff plus great service I go i check it out. But I hear bad things from people I trust or I personally have a bad experience I share it with my fellow gamers. not outta maliciousness but as a warning, or at the very least to be a footnote of hesitancy. It also could have been just one bad experience on both ends.

Eventually lilith and her crew and possibly another crew of either steam robots or zombie hookers havn't decided yet will need a home and I am hearing alot of good things from other gamers on this site. At that point depending on cost, opportunity, and plain old other reviews your companies bag could still be in the running. Just I as a gamer will always have that little nagging of what could happen on the negative side.