Live Action Malifaux?

So I am a cosplayer at heart, I love to take make costumes. I had this crazy Idea of getting togeather with a bunch of other people, and maybe just maybe make some Malifaux costumes and go to a park and take pictures. It is always fun when you do a group of them.

Am I totally a lone nerd on this or would other people maybe be interested?

"Costume Play" = Cosplay; to dress up as a character from a game / film / anime / etc

was mainly a Japanese thing, but soon moved to the US Convention circuit and is a staple of any Geek Convention :)

always wanted to cosplay* but here's not alot of call for it in the UK :(

Did you have any particular character in mind? alot of Generic Victorian Dress would work :)

*who doesn't love playing "Dress Up" ?^

^plus i'd be a bad-ass Seamus :D

"Costume Play" = Cosplay; to dress up as a character from a game / film / anime / etc

was mainly a Japanese thing, but soon moved to the US Convention circuit and is a staple of any Geek Convention :)

always wanted to cosplay* but here's not alot of call for it in the UK :(

Did you have any particular character in mind? alot of Generic Victorian Dress would work :)

*who doesn't love playing "Dress Up" ?^

^plus i'd be a bad-ass Seamus :D

I did it once in London, AND IT WAS EPIC

Plus that was my idea to go as Seamus, it give me perfect excuse to ware a top hat :D

• 1 month later...

For a while there was some talk on the Henchman forums about uniform ideas(like Henchman t-shirts and such). People started suggesting vests, tops hats and monocles.

It was at that point I realized that although it might be thematically Victorian I think I might give up my henching job if they started making me dress like Mister Peanut.

I'm down for dressing like a cowboy though :)

I am all for you guys doing cosplay (emphasis on the "you guys").

If you do by chance post photos, I am up for a well intentioned laugh, acknowledgement of originality, and praise for the time and skill I know some 'cosplayers' will undoubtedly put into their creative and often flambouyant outfits.

I myself would never do it, but I do have a certain wry and grudging(?) respect for those that do. I would never criticise you (I mean I do play with miniatures and sometimes live in a world of fantasy myself), but occasionally I do shake my head in bemusement.

That said, I wish you well, so have fun out there and play safe.

EDIT: to be clear, no condescension or offense was intended in this post

Edited by Spaced2020