Levi Starter

Chev Chelios

If one comes out, I'd expect something along the lines of:

Leveticus, Rusty Alyce, Hollow Waif, 3 x Steampunk Abominations.

Makes for a pretty low cost box set, but it's already got one more model than a normal box set. Perhaps the Desolation Engine instead of the SPA's, to make it inline with the Ramos set.

To be honest, there's so much potential variation with Levi, without breaking the theme, that it would be hard to go wrong with whatever was in there as long as it contained Alyce and at least one Hollow Waif.

I think Nathan said that a Leve crew box is released at some point. It's just a little hard to imagine what will it consist. With Leve, Waifs, Alyce, Engine and Abominations all in it, it would cost a zillion. Without the Engine the damage potential is a bit poopy, Waifs are also rather essential. Alyce is pretty much the only model the box could barely manage without. Also you need four Aboms to make the Engine.

If the Abominations are scrawny enough to come in packs of four like the Gremlins it could look something like this:

Leve

Waif

Engine

4x Abomination

It might still be a tad more expensive than rest of the boxes but at least you could demonstrate most of the stuff Leveticus can pull off with it. Of course the boxes aren't exactly starters even though most people call them that so it might just be what chaosobscuros said.

I think Nathan said that a Leve crew box is released at some point. It's just a little hard to imagine what will it consist. With Leve, Waifs, Alyce, Engine and Abominations all in it, it would cost a zillion. Without the Engine the damage potential is a bit poopy, Waifs are also rather essential. Alyce is pretty much the only model the box could barely manage without. Also you need four Aboms to make the Engine.

If the Abominations are scrawny enough to come in packs of four like the Gremlins it could look something like this:

Leve

Waif

Engine

4x Abomination

It might still be a tad more expensive than rest of the boxes but at least you could demonstrate most of the stuff Leveticus can pull off with it. Of course the boxes aren't exactly starters even though most people call them that so it might just be what chaosobscuros said.

More likely

Leve

Waif

Engine

3x Abomination

That would leave it at 6 figures which seems to be where they like to keep the boxed sets maxed out as.

Also keeps the $$ down to a reasonable pirce and leaves room for purchasing other models to fill to your playstyle.

The trouble is that SPA's are generally created by Levi, rather than taken with him as part of a starting force, and the Waif's are created in-game, too. Would make for a weird starting force as it's, theoretically, a zero point box set (assuming Levi, 2 x Waifs, 3 x SPA's).

But then you could just add nearly any Arcanist (Ramos or Tina) or Resurrectionist (Redchapel or Undertakers) box set to get a halfway decent starting list of your choosing (and a spare Master, to boot).

As an aside, so far Wyrd haven't split box sets within a starting set (e.g. there are three Belles in the box set, so there's three in the starting set) so any ideas will be clearer once the relevant models are released (I've got my guess at two Hollow Waifs in a pack, and three SPA's (although four would make more sense with the Desolation Engine needing that many).

Could this be the start of the Mega Starter Box?

Levi+ Alyce +Hollow Waifs + SPAs + Desolation Engine.

Nice.

I think it should probably have 4SPAs & 2 Waifs, as it's highly likley that the waifs will come in packs of two, as most rare things do. Same with the SPAs, as they're designed to work in packs of four. So we'd probably get a full house. Which would be nice as a primer of sorts.

I agree Alyce is the most expendible. Levi *needs* waifs and abominations to work properly, and where there's abominations there's a desolation engine. I think it will be

-Levi

-at least 1 waif

-Desolation Engine

-4 steam punk abominations (I'll be a bit pissed off if they only make a pack of 3!)

Or maybe it could be a lucky bag of sorts, Levi and waifs plus up to 4 exciting undead or contruct surprises!

Or maybe it could be a lucky bag of sorts, Levi and waifs plus up to 4 exciting undead or contruct surprises!

And then play a 'blind opening' game (like you used to get with CCG's sometimes).

Billy: Cool, I got a Flesh Construct, a Steamborg Executioner, a Desolation Engine and a Peacekeeper. What you got, Bob?

Bob: Four Canine Remains.

Billy: Game on...

Someone mentioned above that SPA's are created during the game rather than bought with SS during the hire crew phase; I disagree. I often run Levi + Alyce + 4x SPA's as my Crew and do the "Desolation Engine half-way up the board in turn one" trick!! Occasionally I'll run Resurrectionist models with him instead and I don't think he performs any better/worse whichever build I do. :P

Someone mentioned above that SPA's are created during the game rather than bought with SS during the hire crew phase; I disagree.

Well, I said "generally", rather than being so categoric, but probably should have opted for 'often' instead.

SPA's aren't very popular in the Levi list thread and, personally, I'd rather take four Steampunk Arachnids, as opposed to four SPA's for the same cost. Although I'll give the SPA's a good go once they're released (I likely gave them less of a chance than they deserved when I proxied them as I hate not having the cards and needing to keep referencing the book).

So is it going to be possible to run Levi at starter box points level? Seems kind of hard to limit him at that 25 point level.

Levi, Alyce, 2 x Waifs and 4 x SPA's would work (20ss), but it would be an expensive box. Probablythe best fit, though (imho, of course).

So is it going to be possible to run Levi at starter box points level? Seems kind of hard to limit him at that 25 point level.

It's absolutely possible!! The default game size in my area is pretty much 25SS and so that is what I mostly play Levi at and he's an absolute monster.

I usually just run Levi + Alyce + 4x SPA and it works a charm. I keep the other soul stones to force through irresistible Unnatural Wasting spells (by using Death Lessons, making sure the second card is a good one).

Altho, I may take a Canine Remains too in the future, so that from turn two I can summon a second Hollow Waif (from Levi's corspe). ;)

Now that it looks certain that the waifs will come 2 per blister I think we will definitely see both of them in any future Lev. boxed set. So I guess it depends how the abominations will be packaged. If they do it like the canine remains with 2 packs of 2 I would imagine it would be Leveticus, 2 waifs, 2 abominations, and Alyce. But I think its more likely we will see abominations in one pack of 3. So since I can't imagine a box with seven minis in it I'm gonna go with Lev., Alyce, 2 waifs and an engine. Lev., 2 waifs, and 3 abominations would only be 9 pts after all.

No starter box has contained Totems of any kind, nor have they contained Summoned Minions of any kind. Zoraida did not come with her Voodoo doll, thus its likely that Leveticus will not come with his Waifs.

Leveticus, Rusty Alyce, SPA x3 or 4

Just a thought...

Yeah that definitely crossed my mind. But unlike some of the other masters for whom totems are so immensely helpful that they are auto-includes, I believe Levvy enters the field with a Hollow Waif in play. So assuming I am recalling his rules correctly, if you field Levvy you are fielding at least one Hollow Waif regardless. Thats why I think any starter for him would have to include them. Also I'm pretty sure the waifs aren't technically totems.

Also great news about the Abominations. More sculpts is always better.