Have you tried the Peacekeeper yet?

Avon

Isn't the Peacemaker the gun the guild totes around?

The robot is the Peacekeeper, right?

Whichever it is, the robot looks nasty, but it definitely requires you to have the cards to keep it going. Judging by the Steamborg from Arcanists, you're also going to have to support it or it will die to concentrated attacks.

I ran the Peacekeeper in 2 games tonight, and he did great. First game took out a convict gunslinger and Seamus for only a little bit of damage. Second game almost killed Rusty Alice and was on his way towards being able to wreak havoc on my opponent, but I didn't know a rule on Leveticus and he got death touched. I suspect he'll be a regular part of my Sonnia lists.

He's really tough, but he can drop to focused effort. But he can also do a lot of damage, and he's remarkably quick. Relentless means he can move once and still Flurry. Just gotta be careful about him eating up your hand.

• 3 weeks later...

I only got to use him against gremlins and the first time we drew forested so didn't get to use the Harpoon much.

Honestly he was less brutal and more a giant walking target. But the good thing is that he is a very tough target so my opponent spent tons and tons of actions taking him out.

He is very tough and does a lot of damage, but I am not sure of his dependability. But then again up until recently I didn't like the Executioner and lately he has been my MVP.

Edited by nilus

There are basically 2 things a nasty model is good for.

#1 is (obviously) kicking serious butt.

#2 is drawing fire, which is what Nilus experienced. (The classic 'threat that must be honored'.) A lot of folks seem to just grumble when this one happens (and I admit I have, too), but if your opponent is blowing a lot of time and effort hammering one or two models, they're likely leaving the rest of your force alone.

The Peacekeeper fits the bill pretty well. (That armor helps a lot, of course.)

Of course, if you can manage to get it to do both at the same time, so much the better.

I like this model, even with the breakdown problem. (I can always dump my crappy cards when it comes up.)

Edited by Gremlin Swarm

• 2 months later...

I have used mine in 3 games so far, first effort he got munched by a steambord executioner, second game he lasted several turns of shooting from my opponent before he died(feeing up my other models to get in position for the kill). In the third game he got one of the vickies before my opponent took 3 models to destroy him, over all he has been quite fun to play. He does draw lot's of attention but can move quite fast when needed.

I've used my Peacekeeper more now, and from what I've seen, it's best used to draw fire/attacks. It's tough enough to last a while or require several 'regular strength' models or one or two big bruisers to put down.

You just have to make sure you've got other models to take advantage of the distraction.

Of course, if your opponent leaves it alone (!), you can let it go to town on just about anything.

• 2 weeks later...

im new to malifaux, but at the moment im going heavy combat guild (lady justice and some witchling stalkers) but, i was just wondering how well thepeacekeeper would fit in. at the moment i use samael hopkins 9as my mate lends me models to proxy) but ive read him and i think that this guy plus justice would rock, ie, cast melee expert on peacemaker, then walk him 15" and make an attack, certainly help against nino...i hate him...oh, and can someone explain how totems work

Played Peacekeeper with Lady Justice on Monday and it worked well. Peacekeeper drew all the attention and was killed eventually, but the rest of my crew was more or less free to move around and concenrate on strategies, and killing things!

The 'relentless move, shoot, drag towards and melee' combo worked twice!

Yeah, it looks like the Peacekeeper's best use is to draw attention to itself. It does that really well, though, and is tough enough to last for a bit. (Unless you get the melee Victoria running up to it and doing her blender impression, though that still took 2 turns to put it down, and kept her and Hans out of the rest of the action for that time.)

I still like mine. Of course, I like big lumbering monstrosities in my forces.

I've actually been using him to great effect with a Leveticus crew. (I figure this is more of a model specific thing than a guild discussion, so i don't mind throwing an outcast master in there.

All you have to do is activate Levi right before you activate him, and make sure your final action is Lessons Of Death.

It makes the peacekeeper the most brutal model in Levi's arsenal. Faulty Circuit and Automaton NEVER come up on offense, because you know exactly which cards he's gonna draw, and who's gonna put a 0-4 on the top of the deck when you know peacekeeper's gonna be drawing them? The only risk is on defense, so you have to activate him quickly or risk getting him hurt. Again, the risk is reduced if you activate Levi first and get those cards stacked on your deck, so if your opponent targets the Peacekeeper you know it's not a 0-4. I've played 2 games with the Peacekeeper in a Levi list and he got Experimental once on a defense flip. I discarded a 2 from my hand and I was just fine. That chain spear is nasty, especially for dragging hapless opponents into melee range or the melee range of your SPA blob, or away from your precious Waifs.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a huge fan of my Peacekeeper even though I always feel like he could be doing more. Part of that is the degree of ARGH IT'S A PEACEKEEPER KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT that he invokes from the other player, but overall he's a pretty versatile lil guy. The Chain Spear Drag and the Paired Mechanical Claws Toss can be crazy fun and devastating depending on your terrain choices, and honestly the malfunction rules aren't a big deal.

Also, you can discard a card from your control hand for one extra Walk. Combine that with its Arachnid tendencies and you've got a big model that can cover a lot of ground really quickly, which most players don't expect.

So, overall: extremely menacing, lots of 'fun' moves, and typically he's alive to the last turn in any game I field him in. I'm a fan.

Squidgy, I think you've nailed my opponent's reactions to my Peacekeeper, though they're not usually so vocal about it.

(It's usually more of a 'oh, crap. That thing.' sort of comment.)

Their actions in play, though, fit your quote perfectly. (Especially when I send the Peacekeeper screaming in hell-bent-for-leather.) :D

Tried him out today with my proxy in lieu to picking him up soon, as reading the card it looked ok, but i was not quite convinced.

turn one moved up flank fast(cost - 1 card)

turn two - dumped a card to move, shot Teddy and realed him in to melee range, then applied a hit. he was reduced to defence 2 and unmoveable with a low attack flip which I let happen.

turn three, he had taken 5 wounds off the Teddy, but then went medieval on it and shredded it up, then dumped a card and headed to the center of the board.

turn four had him sprint towards a weidergeist lurking near my deploment zone on the far side of the table. 15" of move in one turn , unimpeded by terrain, absolutley fantastic.

turn five got him into melee reach of the weidergeist

turn six had the weidergeist fail to damage him due to the armour and some handy weak hits, where upon he flurried the weidergeist into little bits earning me a draw in the battle (opponant had a declared scheme to get into my deployment zone).

Overall, I was mostly impressed by the speed of this thing which is so so useful, and being arachnid, hard to deny, especially amongst my quite slow collection of other figures.

I feel this will definately be a model I will look to purchase soon, and a valuable addition to my guild crew.

turn six had the weidergeist fail to damage him due to the armour and some handy weak hits, where upon he flurried the weidergeist into little bits earning me a draw in the battle (opponant had a declared scheme to get into my ...

What do you mean he failed to damage him? Armor can't totally prevent damage, even on a weak hit you still do a minimum of 1 point.