Best case for Mx minis?

krusty

hey guys

wondering what you all recommend for transport//storing your crews...

obviously there are alot of different cases out there (gw, battlefoam, chessex, etc.) but i was wondering what you have found best for Mx minis, considering the bases are a bit larger than alot of other games...

tonight i will be picking up the tiny (14 capacity) chessex case, but i dont know how good that will work when i pick up a teddy model in the future...

so what have you guys found to be the best cases for crews with some bigger minis in them?

I made my own on the cheap. Get foam padding from a craft store (I got mine from Hobby Lobby), cut it to your preferred size and glue it to something sturdy (in my case I used foam board). Figure out how you want to place your figures, measure it out, and use a long utility blade to cut out the desired portions. For two of the trays pictured that measure roughly 6" x 12" it costs maybe 4 or 5 dollars. You can also find a case that you like, figure out the tray proportions and cut your own foam to fit. The most expensive part tends to be the foam itself.

storages.jpg

thanks guys

i actually have a few cases made kind of like that commando, except i use a dense green foam thats a little more soft and floppy...

i just like the hard case that chessex makes, i just dont know how well it will fit a teddy...

but ninja also brings up a good point...

i might just find a small baking pan with a cover and put another order in for magnets...