Feral's Malifaux and Others

Mister Feral

• 3 years later...

Four years later...

I've found myself wanting to get back into Malifaux again recently. Might be something to do with the recent 2nd edition rules, perhaps I almost dribbled when I first saw the upcoming plastic Punk Zombies....

Anyway, I have been busy stripping the few metal models from last time I was here to give them a nice re-do. I like to think I've gotten better at painting in the last four years, so full steam ahead!

First model for the repaint treatment is the fantastic Convict Gunslinger! Have a couple of WIP shots:

Convict%2520Gunslinger%2520WIP%252016thF

Convict%2520Gunslinger%2520WIP%252016thF

Funny thing, I was actually aiming for a tanned flesh tone, but after I got to this stage it is clearly more a black / ebony colour. I'm happy with that though, it's one of those things I've never dared to tackle so now I have a solid painting recipe for that. Happy painting accident!

Lots still to do on him, finalising the skin highlights and shading for one. Then it's onto the trousers, an off-white colour I believe will work for that!

If you are interested in how he used to look: http://wyrd-games.net/community/topic/59078-ferals-malifaux-and-others/#entry145531 (on first page!)

Since this is a painting forum first and foremost I also recently (as in today) completed a model from the lovely Batman Miniature Game. Obviously people are here for the Malifaux but if people would like to see other ranges I paint then let me know; I'll post them as I complete them!

Two-Face%252016thFeb2014%2520%2528front%

Comments much appreciated, it's good to be back!  B)

Feral

Edited by Mister Feral

Thanks Zfiend!

I received my digest 2nd edition rulebook and the Outcast arsenal pack yesterday, so I've been reading those when I've had the chance. I really look forward to seeing future plastic Outcast models in the style of the art on the cards (Convict Gunslingers, Hans and Bishop come to mind!

Back to painting, I aim to work on the Convict Gunslinger over the weekend now I have sometime freed up. :)

Work continues on the Convict Gunslinger:

Convict%2520Gunslinger%2520WIP%252023rdF

Skin and trousers done! Ignore the hair, it came out wrong and doesn't work with the colour scheme. Do I go back to vibrant green or try something else?

When trying to take a picture of the back of the model, since the base was still wet from initial wet-blending to get the base tones down I accidentally broke the model off the base! Not a problem, that can be easily solved after the base has dried. Still, meant I can show you the crackle medium I used to add effect to the base!

Convict%2520Gunslinger%2520WIP%252023rdF

Definitely want to get this model done in the next couple of days. Why only because my plastic Seamus crew is winging it's way to me for sometime next week! Cannot wait!  :D

That's all for now, all comments and suggestions for wacky hair colours would be grand!

Feral

It was easy enough to superglue back on after the base had dried SinDrome, no damage done! :)

First Malifaux model is now done and dusted!

Convict Gunslinger:

Convict%2520Gunslinger%252024thFeb14%252

Convict%2520Gunslinger%252024thFeb14%252

This model was an utter [RETRACTED] to photo for some reason!

I'm pleased with it, turned out a lot different from how I started initially but now I've got a solid grasp on the sort of colour palette I want to use for the game. Guess I'm aiming for a mix of dark teal, greasy NMM, dark leather and of course blood and gore!

Now to wait until my plastic Seamus crew turns up, to say I am excited is an understatement.  :o

Thanks for the kind words!

I got the idea for the teal from generally doing some "colour research" but looking at various Malifaux 2E art for ideas (little rulebook and the internet comes in handy!).

I was going to change the hair to a deep crimson but I went with the "neutral" teal because too much red on the head / face would of overpowered the colour scheme.

I'm literally waiting for tomorrow so I can get my Seamus crew through the post. I'm banging on about it but I'm excited! :)

The blind eye? Simple stuff, after painting the skin it was merely several thin glazes of Blood For The Blood God [GW Technical paint] then re-highlighting the eye white.

The glossiness of the BFTBG / Glazing Medium mix caught the light of the camera, which is probably why it glows!

Glad you like Two-Face! I've started to paint one of his Arkham City thugs whilst I wait for my Malifaux delivery (please turn up tomorrow, please turn up tomorrow...).

• 1 month later...
I actually got the willpower to try painting my Malifaux again. I had a lot of problems assembling the Shadows of Redchapel set and after an aborted and now-stripped painting attempt I gave up until I could figure out a new colour scheme that would work. I slapped some basecoats on a Nurse this morning to see if my new intended colour scheme works.

A very early WIP, literally a few basecoats and a pinch of shading on the cloth;

MalifauxNurseWIP%25203rdApril14.jpg

That'll do I think, cannot go wrong with purple and cream! :)