reccomendations for redchappel additions

wetdigestive

I'd say you have a couple of good options.

1) Punk zombies. Nice, basic, heavy hitters.

2) flesh construct. Also a nice tough heavy hitter, but less money than the punk zombie pack.

3) convict gunslinger. This guy is incredibly usefull. Nice ranged attack to supliment Seamus's .50 cal. Suppressing fire is really great for depleting your enemy's hand, expecially when they're clumped up, like with Pandora and the woes.

Honestly, I think your best option would be 1 or 2. All 3 are awesome, but I feel the red chapel box just needs a bit more hitting power. But the convict gunslinger would definitely be purchase #2.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't played with the convinct gunslinger yet (waiting for him to be in stock at our FLGS), but I can tell you that the punk zombies are fantastic. There is something really satisfying about luring something into charge range and mincing them with undead samuri. Just make sure you do it after your target has activated, because it's even more satisfying for your opponent to charge you after being lured. Learned that the hard way.

Try the Hanged, but only with a Grave Spirit as your Totem (got to protect your 8SS investment with that Armor 2 from the G.S.).

The Hanged combines so well with Seamus & Co. You can potentially lure your enemies into a kill zone, use Seamus's "Trail of Fear" to inflict -2 WP, and then move the Hanged up to use their (1) Action Pulse to provoke Morale Duels in everything within 6".

You, being Terrifying or Undead, ignore these. Often, your opponent does not and must pull for everything you lured.

At 35SS Scrap, try the following:

Seamus (Master)

Madame Sybelle (6SS)

Grave Spirit (1SS)

x2 Rotten Belles (8SS)

x2 Punk Zombies (10SS)

The Hanged (8SS)

2 Soulstones left for pool

Let us know how it works for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I may be boring, but I think the best thing you can add to the starter box is: Three more belles!

Why? Because they are fantastic with Seamus. They move really fast and you will probebly have more models then the opponent. Thias game is about your strategies and schemes. With six belles (seven with Sybelle) you can make them stand in the way of your opponent and still have some spare models to achive your schemes...

I think you shouldn´t use living models with Seamus. But a samurai or Flesh Constract could be included if you really want.

I wouldn't recommend more belles. Their biggest thing is Lure and being at 8 wounds. However, you can make them all day long. I won an event Sunday with 1 Belle, Sybelle, 2 Punks and Convict. First thing I would say to add with ALWAYS be a convict. Suppressing fire on a group followed by a charge from Saemus ends in something beefy getting it's jugular slit.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to resurrect (teehee) this thread a little, as I'm planning my initial expansion for my Redchapel Gang.

I'd like to keep my Crew faction-specific, so I won't be going with the Gunslinger.

Depending on what my FLGS has on Thursday I'm going to go with (two) Punk Samurai and either Sebastian or Mortimer. If he's got Nicodem's box, I'll pick it up and go with Mortimer. Otherwise, any advice on whether to go with Sebastien or Mortimer?

A 35ss list could look like

Seamus

Sybelle

3 Rotten Belles

Mortimer or Sebastian

2 Punk Zombies

Alternatively, I could go with

Seamus

Sybelle

3 Punk Zombies

Mortimer

2 Belles

(with the ability to raise more Belles anyway)

Yay? Nay?

Just a quick question in line with this topic. Is it worh going with Necropunks? I played against a friend with McMourning and he was using three of them. With their (0) ability and the fact they are count as arachnids is it worth taking for their manuverability. it seems like they can cover a lot of ground quickly.

I'm going to be running Seamus if that helps. I figured some Necropunks on top of the starter box. Please feel free to correct me if I am barking up the wrong tree.

I am considering punks for some mobility as well, but their leap is 7". They are spd 4. Leap, Walk Walk, they cover 15". A belle activating within 8" of Saemus walks twice for 12". 3" more on the Punks but 1 pt less. Alot less wounds, and not much else going for them really. I will get them likely just to grab scenario's fast but really I see the Belle's as excelling here more with the ability to call them back with Sybelle and having 8 WD on a 4 pt model. (and Lure is my best friend)

I personally really enjoy using the Necropunks. While they are great at scenarios, what I really like is their terrain mitigation and their ability to climb without having to take actions to do so. Furthermore, leaping into combat and then Flurrying is a nice way to set up a good number of attacks. Or, vice-versa, flurrying and then leaping OUT of combat to engage a ranged support model is also rather nice.

I like to run 2, but I have 3 on occasion, and I enjoy the Hard To Kill Shenanigans they provide me with ;)