Henchmen Program Pre-Announcement

EricJ

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, when you're demoing, it's a real good idea to give the other person more cool tricks. The game is of course full of fun things to do, but being a bit sneaky to make it easy for the demo-ee to "find" some of those things on his own which are nicely effective in the demo game, gives them a real good intro to the game. Lady-J has a few little tricks which do that nicely.

All of Guild works well this way, particularly the Death Marshals crew and the Ortegas. And using Resurrectionists as a foil is always fun. Rasputina is a good enemy there as well. The person playing the demo will see "ooh, scary ice people" and get a rough impression of what they might be able to do, letting them have insight into how they want to play so they can find the "tricks" faster and more easily.

Malifaux has hit the Malaysian shores like a storm, selling out extremely quickly!! Luckily I managed to get the book, 2 starter boxes (Lilith and Nicodem), but only 1 fate deck. I'm interested in running demos for this game, though I'll need to get another fate deck, and also wait for a missing Samaurai Punk Zombie Arm to get replaced (e-mail already sent to Wyrd LOL).

I finished basing and started painting Sonnia and the witchlings last night. Marcus and his crew are already based and half painted. I have the book and the decks are speeding on their way to me right now. I have already set up a demo day for the 3rd weekend in October at one local store. Will prob set up a demo day at the other store soon. Whoot!

MVM

Any suggestions for someone who wants to demo but doesn't have a LGS for nearly 100 miles in any direction?

I don't know Tang.

Start a club? Demo to your significant other? In your travels with work search out stores and be a traveling demoer? I think the last option is probably your best bet. You just have to get away from all the partying you all do. :D

Unfortunately Nerd, I just did move (for work) and thats why I'm in the situation I'm in. Lincoln, Nebraska is the closest gameshop that I'm aware of, but its nearly 100 miles away.

BugKing, I could do a traveling demo I suppose. I did find one pretty new looking gameshop in Southwestern Nebraska while passing through on work. Unfortunately, its even further away than Lincoln and they seemed to think the only games worth playing were Games Workshop stuff. It was a pretty nice little store though.

I'm thinking getting a club together might be one of the best ways to keep up a regular gaming fix. I know a few people in the local area that might give this a chance. I just gotta get moved into my new house so I can start getting this sorta thing organized (just about 3 more days!).

The only thing gaming related in my town is a HobbytownUSA, and that isn't even very gaming related. They have a few supplies, but they don't really support any gaming system. I wonder if I could post information there on starting a club...its about my only public place that could get me in touch with the gamers. Maybe I could influence the store to stock some Malifaux then, instead of a hint of 10 other games.

Actually, there is also a Hastings store nearby. I wonder if that would be a place to get gamers. They've got a nice little area with tables and a coffeeshop for reading too....wonder if we could use that as a public gaming area for a while???

I managed a Hastings up in Idaho for a while, and we used to do some of that sort of stuff for those that needed it and when we had room. This was like '99 and 2000, so the main stuff for my store then was more Magic related, but we tried catering. I'd just talk to the manager or assistant and see if you guys can setup in the coffee shop. The game is small enough in scale, I'd doubt you'd bother anyone. My store had a nice wide aisle in my book department as well that could have been used.