Speculation on how the rules work.

Brasidas

One of my friends with too much time on his hands has combed through the posts on this forum, the youtube videos, and combined them with various random guesses and posted his speculation on how the rules work.

Needless to say, it's unofficial, and most likely incorrect, although hopefully not wildly so.

If you're bored, go take a look at it here: http://www.gamestlouis.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=4450

Got some things right and some things wrong. Remember the youtube demos were from last year and a lot has changed since then. He's very close though.

Each player only has one deck. Souls stones allow Master to manipulate duels a bit. There is no deck construction mechanic.

Got some things right and some things wrong. Remember the youtube demos were from last year and a lot has changed since then. He's very close though.

Each player only has one deck. Souls stones allow Master to manipulate duels a bit. There is no deck construction mechanic.

Thanks for that clarification Nilus. I'll update my post.

And I love speculation, but I'll even add one small cleanup to some of that speculation!

You say "may play a card from the hand to further add to the duel total". Probably not quite right. The hand is called the "control" hand, so think of the master as one most in tune with the power of fate - since Malifaux and the planet are much closer to a magical/spiritual/fate nexus than Earth. The control hand would likely allow the master to change the number - you know...control what fate gives you a bit.

;)

You make is sound like there might be something in the future that uses the cards more then we already do?

Where do you get this information and why am I not in that loop?

This is the wild speculation thread!

I'm speculating! It's fun.

There is logic to it, no? That in the future there'd be some goofy deck construction shenanigans? I admit that I don't know didly about didly, especially regarding the game's future, but there's some speculation that just begs consideration even if it doesn't pan out!

I don't cut people's heads off!

The Steamborg does! And usually it's because you pissed him off before the operation to keep him alive!

So... Why are you guys being attacked by the Steamborg? Hmmmm?

He said HEAT. You threatened you turn off our heat, Mr. Ramos. Geez, this guy is so evil he doesn't even remember his own threats. (nah, it's all good TBK, I totally understand)

And while NE is leading the deck customization speculation, I'll just warn you that you might want to check Kel's and TBK's decks to make sure there is a black joker in there, and not a pair of red ones. They're dirty cheaters, they is.