Malifaux Architecture

elysium64

Whilst researching ideas for my Malifaux town board I found this picture, I thought I would share it with you, As this screams out Malifaux to me.

wooden-skyscraper-unusual-architect.jpg

Built in Arkhangelsk in Russia by an ex convict. for more pictures and info have provided some links:

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/2624

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1544827/Gangster-who-built-worlds-tallest-log-cabin.html

I am now off to buy lots of wood to start building Malifaux!

Thats the crazy thing about Malifaux at the moment....there really isn't a very distinct architecture thats been defined as of yet. Many people have lots of different ideas about what the city "should" look like, but until we get some sort of reference on the matter, most opinions and ideas are just as valid as the next.

The pic you showed isn't anything that initially came to my mind, but now that I see it, I could imagine it fitting in somewhere in Malifaux.

Well from the fluff there are a lot of different times that the city of Malifaux has been exposed to earth.

There is also evidence that there were structures present before any human came to Malifaux.

There are also a lot of structures outside of the city proper. There is an extensive Bayou near the city as well as something resembling badlands.

In short, as long as it looks like it is from the gold rush era or around Victorian times or if it looks slightly non human I think you will do fine.

I think that structure would be perfect- it's conventionally made, but doesn't look it. That's sort of how I imagined the "original" Malifaux architecture would look. Architectural principles are the same everywhere, but the details would be sort of skewed. I figure the city is half that and half conventional victorian, as I would expect humans would have built in the city as well since moving in, as well as making repairs to pre-existing stuff.

Interesting structure - it looks like some sort of demented and haunted fortress/manor, and reminded me of something I'd heard about in North Korea.

Might as well share it:

http://www.esquire.com/the-side/DESIGN/hotel-of-doom-012808

There's just something about it that caught my eye - just like yours. Wouldn't be able to put a finger on why though.

That's all sorts of craziness. I think 'hodgepodge' would be a good term to use for some of the City's architecture. Like TBK said, there are quite a few different architectural styles to be found throughout Malifaux. Even within the City what you find on a Guild-controlled street near the Breach may be an amalgamation of Malifauxan and human architectures with a smattering of Guild-built retrofitting thrown in for good measure probaby varies greatly from rundown gothic buildings slowly settling into dust in the City's Quarantined Zone.