Inexpensive Miniatures

Thryth

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of some group of inexpensive miniatures? Something like the bag o' zombies, maybe?

I'm looking for something to paint with my 3 1/2 year old, so quality isn't important. :) I'm sure she'll spend a minute-or-two on each, so cheaper is better. ;) However, also something appropriate for her (I don't feel like explaining about undead, etc).

Thanks. :)

http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/

Ralpartha europe is quite inexpensive, and I can advice their Armalion/DSA ranges, the people running the store are really friendly and helpfull from my experience and while the pictures let you think otherwise I think the quality of the Armalion/DSA ranges is on par with and similar to reaper (if not in a slightly smaller scale.) so they are very paint-friendly.

their shipping is cheap, but it only had to cross the canal to get to me, so I dont know if that stays the same for the usa.

another bonus is that they have so much, its highly likely you find enough for yourself as well ;)

http://cart.blackorc.com

Blackorc games, their regular range are only slightly cheaper than reaper, and their 1 dollar minisculpt range will have you digging for something good/to your taste but sometimes there are 100 kingdoms miniatures priced at 1 dollar as well. I think most of the 100 kingdoms stuff is fairly kidfriendly (it must be one of the least dark/evil settings for miniature ranges :D)

wouldnt plastic miniatures be better ? in all honesty the best option in that case doesnt exist.. the older plastic GW boxsets (you know the ones with 8 or 10 identical plastic miniatures with only slightly different details, and only seperate shields.) are perfect for learning to paint, they were cheap.. well at least here they were, you could drop 'm sqeeuze them and throw them and chances are they survived all of that and the were very beginner-friendly to paint... GWs new plastic boxes while probably leaps above because of modularity and -debatably- quality are none of that (cheap, beginner friendly etc.)

When I bought new metal skaven miniatures, I usually bought or made sure I still had a new box of those plastics.. not to built up an army, but to experiment my color choices first :D

The Blue Moon minis at a bit less that $2 a piece might be an idea. As I remember [limited by imminent senility] you are a fellow Long Islander; this being the case, you could check them out at Man at Arms. AND they're nice enough that if she gets bored with the project, you'll find yourself with some cool new toys. ;)

Go buy a bag of plastic army men and dinosaurs you can get in any kid area in the supermarket or toy store. Probably cost you $3 for ten to twenty 'miniatures' and you can take them home, hot bath them and then spray them with primer and she can paint to her hearts content.

that's what my little one does sits across th table from me painting his soldiers red and orange and green .. keeps him quiet for ages while I get on with work...

Go buy a bag of plastic army men and dinosaurs you can get in any kid area in the supermarket or toy store. Probably cost you $3 for ten to twenty 'miniatures' and you can take them home, hot bath them and then spray them with primer and she can paint to her hearts content.

that's what my little one does sits across the table from me painting his soldiers red and orange and green .. keeps him quiet for ages while I get on with work...