Your Weird Name at Wyrd

mine's obvious also,

for those who know a bit of Japan's mythology, but theyre all over the place in anime's lately :P

but to claim a bit of originality i've been calling myself "Shinigami" since 2001 i think, when i was at university and i was folowing a comic called Ninja Highschool,

there apeared a real fun character, Ash, wich was a Shinigami, and ever since i called myself a Shinigami :D

also has some much darker meaning to me, but thats private... wouldnt want to scare you all :P

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I chose my name because it's simple. I've always like the name Blank because I feel like it signifies a blank canvas, because I am an artist. You can do anything and everything with a blank sheet of paper. Though the artist thing only just started but when I chose the name, it was simply because I liked the very simple name.

In the miniature community, I am known as "Blank".

I started using the name Mentor back in the beta days of Planetside because I was educating other players (usually snipers) about the Jackhammer (Quadbarrel Shotgun). By educate I mean sneaking up behind them and putting the gun on alt fire which fires all barrels at once, then putting the gun to the back of their head and pulling the trigger.

I did steal the name from The Mentor, the famous hacker that wrote the Hackers Manifesto.

Well I got sick of typing 'one second of insanity' for other forum log ins so I have slowly been changing it to osoi, which is actually Japanese for slow which is is quite ironic as I am normally an incredibly slow painter however Malifaux has changed this for me.

If you can't tell by the subtitle I added, I created the name in homage to my (currently) only Malifaux crew: Colette and her Showgirls.

Rather than be presumptuous and call myself something that makes me seem to be more of a guru than I am, I went the other way, hoping to one day become just a slow insignificant construct on the badlands. Might sound goofy, but when you think that a NBA team has ten players, one of which gets paid handsomely to catch the superstars' scrap shots during practice and never sniffs the court otherwise, it's not all that bad an aspiration. :laugh:

From Wikipedia (the complete source of all knowledge ;) ):

"According to Hippolytus, who called the first thing that came into existence the Monad, which begat the dyad, which begat the numbers, which begat the point, begetting lines or finiteness, etc. Pythagorean and Platonic philosophers like Plotinus and Porphyry condemned Gnosticism for their treatment of the monad or one."

Sounds pretty High and Mighty but actually, I got Monad from a anime called "Ergo Proxy" which has several "Proxy" characters, one of which was Monad.

So KirigakurenoHaku, (霧隠れの白), is a character from Naruto.

Haku.jpg_haku.jpg

This character was introduced to the series very early on (in the second manga) while it still had potential to grow. The series, however, really only degraded, involving primarily slapstick humor and innuendo.

The character is still one that I am very fond of, though, becoming my favorite amoungst all others that I have seen in anime, exhibiting unrelenting commitment and devotion to those dear to him. I adopted his name as my online alias as a result.

He had also exsisted comfortably in his adrogynous form. (Haku is, indeed, a boy.) It is a personal ambition of mine to distort the perception of gender roles in our society. I do not feel that people need to act purely masculine or entirely feminine per what society dictates. I take part in that which I like and evade those that I do not by my own choice and encourage others to do the same.

And as an added perk, I have taken a fondness for the name of Haku, using as a pseudonym wherever I feel that one is necessary.

On Gaia Online, I am Haku of Kirigakure.

On DeviantArt and Project Playlist, as well as here, I am KirigakurenoHaku.

Cosplay.com knows me as ~Haku~ (seeing as the character count for names is one character too short for the entire alias).

On every RPG game that I play, I enter as Haku.

hi folks, my name come from the "cuban santeria god Xango" he used to like games, justice, he is the "Orixa" of light and thunder (Thor equivalent) he has quite a nice story, and also the word chango in spanish means ape, and gorillas are of my favorite animals, so my nick is a mix of both words.

My last name is Kirby. A church in Ireland was called "kirk" in the olden days, so Kirby means "by the church" or "next to the church". It's a fairly common Irish name.

Krak references krak missiles from the game of Warhammer 40K, my favorite game. I like Malifaux as well, it's much less work painting up a force!

Krak_Kirby is my handle on all forums I subscribe to.

Mine originates from when I used to dial into the internet at 2400 baud and use bulletin boards - at that time I needed a username and was struggling to come up with one when I looked out the window and saw my car registration number which had the letters HAZ so I thought Hazard.

That was OK for a little while but I soon found that the name would already be taken on other forums along with variations with numbers on the end so I switched to AKA Hazard or 'Also Known As Hazard'. Finally I had to put the underscore in as some forums didn't permit spaces.

Since I've used aka_hazard I've not had a name conflict on forums.

actually its a short and cool story.

Started a game in Combat Arms, and they wanted a name for my character so I was heavy in the Apocrypha, and Theology back then so I was like, "Blood Saint" that's cool, the word Saint is cool lol. Turns out that was taken so I thought for a bit and since it's game about FPS and military I thought. Gunpowder...

Gunpowder Saint

I fell in love with the name and have been using it on everything ever since. MSN, League of Legends, Vindictus. Pretty much everything

My name is on Serbian. It means "Secret world"(Tajni sveT). I'm not much of a "name inventer" and I didn't want to make gaming blog name from any existing words in games. So I figured out that gaming community is a world itself, and it's still very unexploited and unknown in here. So it's secret world of games actually.

Strangely, I never thought that Englishmen would read my name I stop after Taj. So they called me Taj so many times on Forums, that guys in here sometimes call me Taj. It's funny because Taj sounds to me like a muslim name, and I'm ortodox christian.

Strangely, I never thought that Englishmen would read my name I stop after Taj. So they called me Taj so many times on Forums, that guys in here sometimes call me Taj. It's funny because Taj sounds to me like a muslim name, and I'm ortodox christian.

It seems seldom that anyone ever abbreviates my name. I even have capital letters included that identify where words begin...

Haku is a perfectly acceptable manner to refer to me as; the entire name is not necessary. o_o