FF is off to ... Virgina!

Heh, ooooh, the life of a jet setter.

Ermm-hrmmm.

Anyhow, got back from Alaska just before Christmas and spent the holidays with the family. Was supposed to go back to Alaska this coming week but instead I'm being sent off to Newport News, VA. where I'll be for a couple of months most likely.

Anyhow, got things setup now to the point where I won't be incognito so much anymore and although you might not have seen it so terribly much these last few months, Wyrd is VERY busy behind the scenes and a good bit of that will make its way out here in the near future.

So ... I'm off come Monday, January 12th. If any of you folks are in the Newport area (I haven't a clue about the location or anything about VA so forgive any ignorance) and want to get together for a lunch and drink some time down the road and just shoot the bull, holler at me.

Nathan...you the man! When I was in the service and was away in other countries, for 6 months at a time, it was really hard being away from my family. At that time my sons were just babies so it wasn't that hard on them ( being so young and not knowing what was going on but with my wife...a whole other story)

When I was in the service and was away in other countries, for 6 months at a time, it was really hard being away from my family. At that time my sons were just babies so it wasn't that hard on them ( being so young and not knowing what was going on but with my wife...a whole other story)

Are you sure you are their father ?!? Tell us more about the story of your wife... :vb_devil:

Meh, if I'm honest I absolutely hate the running about but the pay is good and with the economy like it is right now it makes things a bit easier when you don't have to worry so much about the bills or funding a project.

Long hours though, don't like that, and being away from the family, certainly sucks. We make do though with the web cam and talking to the kids nightly that way so that it alleviates a lot of the issues and since I just set the kids up with their own Steam accounts over the holidays since they have laptops, I can play games with them as well from time to time which they just get a tickle out of.

That said, this year it looks like I'll be doing Virginia, Nevada, Alaska, Florida and possibly California out in the desert. Might not make all those places, or just flat out refuse to go, but those are likely places I'll gallop off to over time. Me, I'm waiting for the Hawaii, Japan, England to come about one of these days ..

:D

And I swear, that penguin and polar bear both said they were 18!

If you ever come in France you're welcome.

On my to-do list, believe me.

I was supposed to make a trip over with the family last year but a few situations popped up, mainly finances, and that got cut. We had wanted to move it to this year but quite frankly, with the work situation I've got now and more importantly, the amount of work going into Malifaux and Wyrd in general, I'm not sure if we can manage it. Maybe towards the end of the year.

My hopes .. next year. Of course I keep saying that.

I lived out of the US for about nine years and that is one of my biggest peeves that my family has never been outside its borders and got to experience other places and cultures. If things work out as I would like them to, I'd like to make a jaunt through Europe with them (where I'm most familiar, or at least have fond memories) and then one day the wife and I take in the Asian cultures.

Time will tell.