Reaper Bull orc

Jabberwocky

Here is something I did for a fun little project over at Reaper. Spike likes orcs. A LOT. So she has put together a "Beefcake" calendar every year for the past few years. This is my contribution for the '09 calendar. The metallics were my first go at using the method demonstrated by Automaton in his CMoN article. Comments and critiques always welcome.

Bullorc1WIP9-6.jpg

Bullorc1WIP9-5.jpg

And a linky if you want to: http://www.coolminiornot.com/207429

Edited by Jabberwocky

BEEFCAKE!!!!

"Check it out guys, I'm such a beefcake I can't fit on the bus" hahahahah

Great job on the mini! I think the metals came out great. I know that article you mentioned, I read it and kinda wondered about it. But from the looks of this, I'll have to try it outsometime! Well done Jabberwocky.

!!!BEEFCAKE!!!

What month are you?

Thanks for the comments!

I'm not sure what month, Peterdita; that will be up to Spike.

Chameleon, the belt buckle came off looking better than I thought. When I originally bought it, I thought it was smooth and was going to do a bit of freehand on it. Once the primer and basecoats were down, I realized there were some small indentions. Whether that was intended or just pitting from the casting process, I don't know. I like the effect, though--it looks to me like beaten brass. I washed the metallics with Devlan Mud for the deeper shadows and Ogryn flesh for the not-so-deep shadows. The Ogryn flesh has a reddish tinge to it; I think over the yellow of the RMS tarnished brass it gave that orange hue.

Thanks again!

Brushmistress--I am becoming quite a fan of the new GW washes. I have found them very useful for shading metallics and complementary shading as well. The skin for this model was shaded with Leviathan purple.

SV--I agree, the model is a bit odd. The big tusks make you wonder how this guy is able to even feed himself...

NASTY looking tusks; he'd probably have some difficulty saying "she sells sea-shells by the seaside." VERY NICE paint job; interesting shade of green & MUCH better than GW's "on-my-way- to- the-St.-Patty's-Day-Parade" green. The leather looks GOOD & the metallic work ROCKS! WELL DONE! :thumb: