Mounted Wyrd minis?

thetang22

I've thought a few times about this and have been wanting to ask about it - should we expect any mounted miniatures from Wyrd? I noticed how there currently aren't any in the line and wondered if it was a concious choice to not have mounted minis or if it was merely coincidence. I don't particularly care one way or the other right now, its just a curiosity of mine. It sorta makes me wonder what kind of mounts would be relevant for Wyrd. Would we see people on horses, would it be some sort of animal/beast that is unique to the Wyrd world, or could it possibly be some mechanical or magical contraption that is used for personalized and enhanced movement?

If by "Mordheim" you mean "any miniatures game" then I agree ;)

Well, I WAS kind of being specific, but ACTUALLY I can't think of any war games that have a "realistic" mounted combat system. GW's Jousting rules are a decent representatin, but limited to a ritualistic kind of game.

I can't think of any war games that have a "realistic" mounted combat system

I am by no means an expert on mini games and their rules, but I have seen a few different systems and it all seems based on the 'charge.' This is all fine and dandy, I would imagine this is the way it was done based on movies that I've seen.

One big issue of realism that I have with the way charging is represented is how you start at Point A and charge to Point B (the location of your target). I don't think I've seen any movie in which the charge is made to the opponent and they stop once they reach their target. I've always seen it as being something in which you attack as you pass your target - that way you still have the momentum of the horse with you during your attack. If you charged to the opponent and stopped once you got there, like is done in most games I've seen, the attacker would either 1) be out of momentum since the horse slowed to a stop, or 2) be thrown off balance or thrown from the horse from the sudden stop if it kept up with its momentum right up to the point of the attack.

For realism, I think a mounted attack should be something that is done as you pass the target, not get to the target and stop.

Mounted in the Wyrd line could be a neat development though...

Especially as there is no restriction on horses being mounts.

We have arcanists who build things (And do other neat tricks)

The guild could have their victims as mounts! (LOL)

The neverborn give complete freedom in deciding what a mount would be.

The resurectionists would just take what ever died so they could be anything as well.

The mercs would ride horses. (Only because we haven't seen much of them.)