any more Malifaux teasers?

thetang22

I've been wondering if there is any more Malifaux information that isn't too sensitive to let slip though the gates yet. Anticipation is very high for the game, and I'm looking for another bit of teaser info just to get my curiosity satisfied.

- Is it possible to get an example character profile? It does not have to be of any particular character, but rather just so we have an idea of what some of the different stats are that the characters possess, such as strength/attack, defense, movement, etc...

- What about special items and/or equipment? I know it was mentioned in the Q & A that equipment will be figured into the characters stats, but will equipment and/or other special items have some relevance in the game or fluff, or be represented somehow in the book or profiles?

- Around how many abilities/spells can we expect each character to have access to? Will these be static spells and abilities, or will there be some customizing in your spell/ability lists?

- On average, how many wounds do characters have?

*** when I say 'character,' I'm referring to all miniatures, not just the named characters.

Thanks for any information :)

p.s. how is organizing the beta going? There has been mention of it a few times (especially following Gencon) and word keeps going around that it is just about to be taken care of, but no official word has been made yet.

another thing I was thinking about:

Is there any hierarchy to any of the factions other than the Guild?

The Guild is outlined a bit more than the others and I was kinda curious if there is any relationship between some of the warbands within other factions. I wasn't sure if its pretty much just a situation of 'everyone look out for your own back' in Malifaux or if there is any sort of organization.

example: Lillith looks like she's got an authoritative presence within the Neverborn, but does she have any real authority over anybody other than her nephilims? Do the Bayou Goblins or the Hag recognize her as some sort of 'Queen of the Neverborn?'

I'm just bumping this thread because it had some questions in here that were never addressed. If the information I'm asking for can't be given, please just say so.

As far as your first post, I really don't know the answers since I'm not heavily involved with the game development side of things (although I do try to offer suggestions when I can).

Is there any hierarchy to any of the factions other than the Guild?

No, it's pretty much everyone for themselves, even within the Guild to a degree (although they do try to maintain some semblance of order). As we go along and work on the fluff, things like this might get worked out and there might wind up being some kind of hierarchy within the various factions.

I've been wondering if there is any more Malifaux information that isn't too sensitive to let slip though the gates yet. Anticipation is very high for the game, and I'm looking for another bit of teaser info just to get my curiosity satisfied.

- Is it possible to get an example character profile? It does not have to be of any particular character, but rather just so we have an idea of what some of the different stats are that the characters possess, such as strength/attack, defense, movement, etc...

Welll, I'm pretty sure I'm not talking out of turn since these things were mentioned during GenCon.

Models have the following stats (at present):

Walk/Charge (movement rates)

Willpower (strength of mind)

Defense (dur)

Armor (dur)

Magic Ability (governs not only how high a card the model can use, but also how many cards the model adds to the wargroup's hand)

A model's attack ability is folded into its weapons:

Combat

Damage

Things may be split out or folded back together before you see it, but these were demonstrated at Indy.

- What about special items and/or equipment? I know it was mentioned in the Q & A that equipment will be figured into the characters stats, but will equipment and/or other special items have some relevance in the game or fluff, or be represented somehow in the book or profiles?

Not currently, can't talk to what may be out in the ruleset as I'm not sure.

- Around how many abilities/spells can we expect each character to have access to? Will these be static spells and abilities, or will there be some customizing in your spell/ability lists?

Currently it's static.

- On average, how many wounds do characters have?

That's still being tweaked right now, but figure a range of 3-12.

Hello all. I caught the two videos of Malifaux on the Tabletop Games News site, it grabbed my interest - more about the system than the setting I must say. Yes Wyrd miniatures are breath takingly sexy but it really is the system I would like a run down on.

Is there more info on the Malifaux card system to be had?

Lord Abaddon of Wormwood

Welcome LAoW - honestly since you've seen the two videos, you've got pretty much the same info we all have. There's been no real break down given to us yet on any of that. And currently our hosts are all tied up with things like 'real life' (work and a wedding - CONGRATS to EricJ and the lovely bride!) to throw a whole lot at us right now, but new info is always tossed in from time to time.

Enjoy your stay!

Oz

What a pity!

I really looked forward to not just build an army from miniatures but also to construct a deck suiting my army and play.

I mean a thing like: Every card has a dice value and an other option (special tactic, spell etc.). The stronger a spell get, the less its dice value. So in the end you draw the card from your deck as a diceroll or play it from the hand as an action.

That would had opened millions of great tatics and options...

Nevertheless I´m really excited about Malifaux and can´t wait to play it.

Greetz

Edited by Geliron

Yes, while the game won't include a full CCG style deck, there will be some ways to add flavor to the deck. This decision was largely made due to balancing issues, and the time it would have taken to try to initially balance a full miniature game and a full CCG simultaneously.

However, I and my whole development team love the idea really taking advantage of the cards and making a system which allows both deck and miniature customization of your warband, so look for it in an "advanced" version of the game which will be developed later.