An intro...

Breten

So I was at GenCon for my first time, meeting up with all the old timers from the Confrontation forums. And the big thing this year was Wyrd. Almost every one of us, most of us from the TableTop Gamers group (the red & black shirts demoing Infinity and Alkemy in room 201), came away with some Wyrd minis. I't pretty much the new thing in the group.

Anyways, I picked up the Ortegas box and Lilith and the Nephilim as well as some base inserts and Rasputina for the girlfriend. We're really looking forward to more and especially the game.

I talked with Nathan about distribution into Canada, and Eric about playtesting. Hopefully I can get in on that. My group will be placing an order as soon as I and my wallet recover from GenCon.

I didn't have time to get a demo in, but I was sold on the figures themselves, and am definately looking forward to more.

Brett

Glad to see somebody else made the venture over from Rackham. Rackham has very little going on these days that interests the veteran gamers of Confrontation (the skirmish game). It took me about 2 years to make the transition over to Wyrd, but I finally did and I'm very glad I did. MUCH better communication from the company here and not such a tight environment.

Just sit back and enjoy the ride while you are at Wyrd, its going to be a much better experience than the Rackham forums has provided over the past 2 years. There is a great community here that loves to talk about ALL aspects of the hobby and gaming, especially all the new stuff Wyrd has got planned!

Thanks for the warm reception. I started assembling my box sets last night, and sent a PM off to Eric about the Beta, so hopefully that works out. Printed out some pics of the box sets to take over to the LGS this weekend and see about drumming up some more interest. And I have to swing by there and talk to the owner.