The great and powerful???

absolute_d

Well now....how the hell do you start a self serving paragraph of introduction? I guess with a pointless question. With that out of the way, I guess I'll break down who I is and what I is doin here.

I is - Derek Osborne - known by many as D or Oz - either works, some know me here, most prolly don't.

I started gaming in the 4th grade when my best friends older brother was given the D&D basic set back in the stone ages, and have always been a board gamer.

I've been mini gaming since I was 13, bought the RT rulebook the month it was published (that first edition 40k to you youngin's), played pretty much every game GW had published up til 3rd edition 40k then I got tired of their practices and looked else where. I got into WarMachine and Hordes, and have played pretty much all your major stand bys, Confrontation/Rag na Rok, Infinity, AT-43, Hell Dorado, etc.

Outside of that, I'm a father of 3 lovely little ladies (yes I have grey hair now), and I'm a full time student finishing my degree in animation on top of working like everyone else in the world.

I could go more into detail about how awesome I am and what kinda handsome devil I see in the mirror every morning, but if you've read this far, I'm amazed.

Obviously I've lurked around here for quite some time, and I've even entered a couple of the painting compitions (no wins yet, but one of these days!) Looking forward to the wonderous release of Malifaux as I was lucky enough to get a couple of demo's in at GenCon.

It's an exciting time to be Wyrd!

Oz

What are you talking about, young whippersnapper? Gray hair?? Bah!! Most of us around here are gumming our Metamucil in the mornings.

And what are you doing with my mirror!!?? Those handsome devils were part of my daily beefcake-watching habit. Now I just have these bland mirrors that only show myself, blah!

Well, anyway, Welcome to Wyrd! Can always use another Wyrdo! Just watch out for Vike and his bag of Cheetos. (I'd explain more but that might invoke "the Vike Curse!" Shhhhhh....)

P.S. Can I call you Doz? :D

Welcome!!

We've some similarities, you and I.

I am the father of two lovely little ladies, and have returned to school to finish my degree as well. Grey hair is a coming...

And from the sounds of it, we are both handsome devils!

Glad you have decided to unlurk!!

I've discovered the biggest difference between the two of us. I know how to update a blog!

Oct 07 than another in 6/08 and nothing since??? Boy you should take that out of your sig line...it's just embarrisin. :P

@everyone else - thanks for the warm welcome!

Oz

EDIT - ok...seems to be the running theme. EricJ - YOU TOO!!! last update 7-07???? are you telling me with all the crap you're buried under you can't take 15 minutes out of your week to bitch about it????

Come on people!

Edited by absolute_d