Alkemy scenery

Moavoamoatu

I love painting minis, but making scenery is a passion, especially for gaming. Any game that's played on a table graced with scenery like you've created would cease to be merely a game & become a theatrical moment, a memorable event that could play through the imagination for years & never cease to be a delight.

Thanks so much for sharing an inspiring creation. I'm going to be coming back to this thread for a LONG time. Well done!

Do you have any pictures showing how you did the rounded roof pieces? If not, could you make some more, and take pictures and share?

Here we go (I took pictures today to show you as I didn't during the construction of the temple):

tutolj9.jpg

You first have to draw lines on the extruded polystyrene (don't know the US name for it).

Then you should cut the edge with a cutter (I didn't do it on the picture).

Use an electric sander at the lowest speed with medium sand paper to create the curved shape. Just follow the lines you draw.

Once it's done use thin sand paper (manually this time) and you are done.

You just have to draw the tiles and the cracks with a pen or a pencil.

Don't foget to always use sand paper on the polystyrene if you want a stone effect and to ease the paintjob.

If you have any question just ask me.

• 2 weeks later...