The Game

EricJ

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:focus:

So um, with that all in mind, I think Hamelin needs more naughty kids.

Maybe something in the vein of Augutus Gloop (Charlie and the Chocolate Factory) a non-human eating machine, or maybe, a couple of twins, Dee and Dum, Dee would be the brains of the outfit while Dum is your typical point and shoot type.

Well, I don't know if my story came anywhere even close to how things are actually going to be, but I did have fun writing it.

Not sure what I might write up next, but I'll give it some thought and see if I can come up with a story with some of the other characters. Or maybe another story with the Ortegas.

Right now we're pushing for a late December open beta test for the game. I think we should meet it, but if not, shortly there after. Probably do something along the lines of two to three months of beta testing and rehashing of rules and clearning things up, and if all goes well, see about having it in production and available between July and August of 2008.

Likely not quick enough for some of you, but we're working on making this the best we can make it, expect that there will be rules rewritten and new ideas implimented through extensive beta testing, and then of course, the actual putting together of the production product which is going to be a good deal more work than just throwing together a word document and calling it good. Love for it to be quicker naturally, but I won't get overly optimistic about that.

:D

From experience, I'd say that doing a beta in December/January for a July/August release is optimistic - take your time to go through everything, you don't want to rush anything here, and pull a *insert name of a certain company which changes rulesets every other year* due to needing too many changes to the ruleset.

Rushing things is the last thing you want to do here. Take your time, and make sure you've got a quality product - if you want to have a uniquely original and extraordinarily Wyrd (pardon the pun) product, you should take the time to do things right.

We've put ourselves on our own time-line for releasing the game. It 'may' or 'may not' happen as smoothly as I would like it to and I well know that there are many pitfalls and delays that aren't always in my control.

That being said, we're working towards a quality product. If I find that it isn't going to happen to my satisfaction within that time frame, then I will simply allow for it to take the additional time that it will need. I am not going to put out a half assed, half put together game. We'll put out a quality product, mainly as I believe we've got some quality folks working towards it.

That of course doesn't mean I'm not stressed out of my mind.

:D

None-the-less, when the beta comes around, we'll take comments, insight, suggestions and we'll work with what we need to. I plan on about three to four months of serious beta testing outside of the testing we will be doing on our own 'in house'. During this time, we'll be doing the layouts and getting everything ready for print and making the changes.

Ya'll keep me on my toes though!

• 5 months later...