Congratulations to Wren! (reapercon painting contests)

I don't think I've seen the winners of the ReaperCon painting contests announced anywhere, so I thought I'd pass along the names (that I can remember) of the winners.

Masters:

Gold - Doug Jones

Silver - Derek Schubert

Bronze - Marike Reimer

DHL Small:

Gold - Wren!

Silver -

Bronze -

DHL Large:

Gold - Kirk Troy (Lili's husband)

Silver -

Bronze -

Warlord Small:

Gold - Angela Landt

Silver -

Bronze -

Warlord Large:

Gold - Lori Nelson

Silver -

Bronze - Wren

Warlord Unit:

Gold - Angela Landt

Silver - Kris Marquardt

Bronze -

CAV:

Gold - Vince Landt (Angela's BIL)

Silver -

Bronze -

Open:

Gold - Jennifer Kaufmann

Silver - George Mickelson (eastman)

Bronze -

Best In Show:

WREN!!!

Best in show is given to the best of the golds from the non-masters categories. I think there is a cash prize involved, and the winner gets moved into the Masters categories for all future ReaperCon painting contests. :-)

Once I remember the others, I'll fill them in as well.

Ah shucks, thanks everyone for the support and congratulations! I'm all blushing now! I had figured one or the other of my entries might place, but I was definitely surprised to take best in show. It was a pretty amazing moment. (Knowing that next year I have to compete against Jen Haley, Marike, Flynn, Skya, Derek Schubert and a whole bunch of other names that strike fear in the hearts of lesser painters is maybe a less amazing feeling... ;->)

Malebogia ferreted it out (like the excellent newshound he is), that is indeed my best in show entry. Not the best picture, perhaps, so I will work on fixing up the pictures I took quickly before I left on the trip just in case the plane crashed and mangled my minis. ;-> I'm very curious to see how the pictures Reaper took look, since they have a pro set-up and camera, and probably people using the camera who have clue one about photos, unlike myself. Well, maybe I have clue one, but I'm still searching for clue two.

Getting to chat with fellow Wyrdos Flynn, Skya and Jubilee was also a highlight of the con for me. Can't wait for GenCon and the chance to do more of that!

Also I can fill in most of the names of the winners Flynn hadn't covered. I also added the honourable mentions. (HMs are given when the judges find it challenging to choose between third and fourth in a category.) My apologies for any horrible spelling mangling on these names.

IMasters:

Gold - Doug Jones

Silver - Derek Schubert

Bronze - Marike Reimer

DHL Small:

Gold - Wren!

Silver -Torin Reed

Bronze - Mike Cannon

DHL Large:

Gold - Kirk Troy (Lili's husband)

Silver -Brett Amundson

Bronze - Jim Borrell

Honourable Mention - Vincent Landt

Warlord Small:

Gold - Angela Landt

Silver - David Palanti

Bronze - Torin Reed

Honourable Mention - Mathew Baich

Warlord Large:

Gold - Lori Nelson

Silver - Jason Pape

Bronze - Wren

Warlord Unit:

Gold - Angela Landt

Silver - Kris Marquardt

Bronze - Jason Pape

CAV:

Gold - Vince Landt (Angela's BIL)

Silver - Jeff Logan

Bronze - Bruce Windsor

Open:

Gold - Jennifer Kaufmann

Silver - George Mickelson (eastman)

Bronze - Jeff Logan

Honourable Mention - Kris Marquardt

Best In Show:

WREN!!!

edited to add name of Dark Heaven Bronze winner.

Thanks Stupidcow, that's really nice of you to say! I still have to work a lot on getting/keeping the contrast up, that's a really weak point for me cause I'll always choose smooth/clean over contrast, and that's not always the right decision to make.

matty1001 - Tristan's a Dennis Mize, and I'm a sucker for most of his. The bird was my addition, so don't blame that part on him if that's a part you don't like. She originally had a wand, but I A) thought a wand and staff were a bit overkill in the magical implements dept. and B) broke off the wand (and then the hand trying to fix stuff) on the first copy of this I prepped and got the idea to replace it with the bird. The Treeman was a very different sort of sculpt to what I usually do, and I ended up having a lot of fun with him. He's not super-realistic, but he's got a nice dose of personality for a plant. Angela Landt is married to Gus Landt if that helps with the ringing bell?

Matty, is it possible you're thinking of Angela Imrie aka SaxonAngel? I don't know that Angela Landt has a CMON account. She just goes by Angela Landt on the Reaper boards, so if she's got another nick in the mini community outside of Reaper, I'm not aware of it, sorry.

Thanks Cindy!