Site Updates

I've changed it so now the maximum file size in the gallery is 300k per picture. This allows for a slightly higher resolution for the contest pictures so that it isn't that much trouble with compresion. I still suggest doing 'save for web' when you do these though, you'll find it works a lot better.

Also, Member Galleries and Iron Painter galleries no longer require moderation for either pictures or comments, though the Wyrd Painting Contests still do due to their nature.

-

Nathan

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Alrighty, new gallery in place, will be a few before everything gets ported over with the previous galleries.

The navigation on the left on the home page is messed up at the moment as well but I'll be taking care of that through the night.

If you encounter any problems, please feel free to let me know.

I know you're still probably working on the galleries, but I notice an old problem cropping up again. Using Firefox, I'm logged in on the Gallery main page but when I go into a category, I get the place to enter my username and password again, and signing in doesn't change it.

I tried again with IE and it's fine. I'm listed as signed in on all Gallery pages.

:irked: Nothing too big, but it would just be annoying to have to open IE if I want to add to the gallery.

Alrighty, gallery is working right now, but everything has to be ported over, which I'm told will work but I haven't managed yet and will be gone for a couple of days so won't get done till I get back. In the end I'll probably hire that out so as to make certain that everything comes over just fine.

Site navigation on the side is a bit glitchy right now, but I have to sit down and put some time into it, but to be honest, you can get around without it for the moment as the top navigation works just fine so there shouldn't be any issues there at all.

Anyhoo - this upgrade basically adds some functions which haven't been seen yet such as myspace information, Ipod casts, rss feeds, better spam protection, ajax, better security and a whole host of other stuff that frankly I haven't figured out yet and bunches of it I likely won't ever get around to using. Still, the option is always nice and hopefully this will be the last update for some long time to come as frankly, bleah, its stressful on me having work done on this and just waiting for everything to go POOF!

:D

Hope your holidays are going well.

-

Nathan

Using Firefox, I'm logged in on the Gallery main page but when I go into a category, I get the place to enter my username and password again, and signing in doesn't change it.

Well, Thryth's old solution works to correct this one as well. Using Firefox, if I'm not signed in on a gallery page, I can remove the www. from the address bar and it's fine. And IE works either way.

Does this help to fix it?

There was a software update done on the site a couple of days ago and the galleries have not been fully restored yet. The logging problem is due to the "www" part in the URLs, I think.

Hi,

I would like to interject once again on this issue...

I think that ultimately, the problem is that the cookie is being accessed in some areas as the domain that you are viewing and in others as wyrd-games.net. If it were my site, I would always set/get the cookie as the wyrd-games.net domain since that should always work.

Just a suggestion. :D

(no applause, just free minis, thank you. :D :D :D)

I can't seem to have access to anything but the Wyrd galleries and the contest galleries, not to mention that I can't seem to stay logged in in the galleries, is this normal?

Im the same I think, what has happened to the users gallery link? I need to go through "my photos" at the left hand side then to "users gallery" which isnt a link, its just a short cut thingy. Apologies for all those who are not on the same absolutely idiotic wavelength I am when it comes to computer terminology (its all witchcraft I tell thee!) it seems a little "sketchy" to view stuff is all.

Is there only 2 users galleries up there at the mo? I have re-added my photos in today and then there are FFs greenies (tee hee) but that appears to be it. Unless I cant view anyone elses......

Whilst we are on the subject, I would be delighted if anyone would comment on my recent photos added today as I need some criticism before my head gets too big for the door. Im amazing! (Go on, someone shoot me down!)

Also a thanks to FF and everyone else for all their hard work put into the site this year. I aint been here for too long but one thing I have learnt already is that there is plenty of work behind the scenes to keep this site going that us peasants dont get to see, it seems only just that FF and his loyal crew of disciples get a big up! so BIG UP!

Hi folks,

I just got back into town tonight after being on a mini-vacation-sanity-recoup since Thursday. There are several things that need to be updated/fixed/cleaned up around here after the major software update that we did on Wednesday that didn't go quite as smoothly as I thought it should have and consequently have some work to do on the site and upkeep.

Not going to happen tonight. Likely not tomorrow even, but it is on my 'fix as soon as possible' which means this coming week.

Thanks for the time and understanding folks, sorry for the delay with updates.

Alrighty, things are moving along now and we're getting things setup and fixed around here.

The gallery is now once again operational though you'll notice that I've got to do a bit of cleaning and rearranging of things but all of the categories, photos and comments have returned. Whew! Have to admit, I was a bit worried there for a moment but ended up hiring the folks that did the software to take care of it for me.

Now, from an admin point of view, this is going to allow me a whole lot of different options, many that I don't have a clue about yet, but I'm going to figure them out over the next week or so as I'm able as it is rather neat.

Also, this new software has a 'contest' option where voting and commenting can all be done in the same place so I'm going to give that a look to see what sort of options are available with that and see if it is something that might be usable for the next Wyrd Painting Contest which technically was suppose to start today but won't until I get a few more things fixed and figured out on my end.

If you uploaded something in the last day or two (just one of you), sorry, that bugger is gone, but go ahead and upload it again and it should go through without any problems or hitches. Again, my bad, but with the port, had to change some things.

You'll find that you have a separate profile and options available for those of you that want to use it, as well as a way of tracking comments, new uploads, etc, etc. Basically, for those of you that were having at me about not being able to know about new uploads and comments, this is your solution. Also can just hit a button to see all the new uploads and comments since your last visit too.

Anyhoo, have at it, tear it up, make suggestions (keep in mind I'm still working on it) and we'll see if we can make this as usable as possible.