40k Eldar sneak peeks

Sergeant_Crunch

I agree Eric they are not very inspiring but if I recall the Wraith Lord does come with a host of options so you can end up with something unlike the one in this photo.

I saw a picture a while ago after the last US GD that had a different warrior guy done up in the old style Death Jester type thing and that was excellent if they bring that out. but otherwise I think it is not going to be that good although I do recall seeing a Banshee as well that had been redone for this release but two figures hardly make an army :D

Think Ill just add my thruppence worth then cos the new models seem to be taking a ripping.

I have to say that I think the slight alterations on the aspect warriors (the return of the double V on the boots etc) have tweaked them enough for me to make them look very cool. A lot of criticism has came with these stating the changes are not radical enough to warrant new models but I feel if the models were changed radically they would not look like the elder we know.

I have recently bought a box of the Rangers models and think they look really good. So good in fact that one is about to be "weathered". (oops, hope my opponent aint reading!)

All in all the models look cool and I am itching to get some aspect warriors slapped up with some paint.

Although the Dark Reaper Exarch, wot is that enormous weapon all about? Surely it would need to have been made with graphite, otherwise he would have hit the deck with the weight of the thing!

Although the Dark Reaper Exarch, wot is that enormous weapon all about? Surely it would need to have been made with graphite, otherwise he would have hit the deck with the weight of the thing!

2 things :

1) he can get a rule to shoot twice a turn, i.e. the 2 barrels;

2) ever heard of anti-grav technology ;)?

Oh, and just for the fun of it :

3) don't you think powerfists are a "bit" too big :P. Since when has non-realism ever been a problem in WH40K ;)?

I have always liked the Eldar but I can't stand the let's overload the leader models with a bunch of crap thing that GW seems to love. (I also hate the lets convert a model using seventeen other very expensive models.) I was an infantry puke and can garuntee that with modern firearms every bulletcatcher on the battlefield would be aiming at these idiots! Either these Eldar are overcompensating our thier sculptors are.

Sculptors only work from the concepts approved by the design department. The issue is with management. They would be better off making Exodites. But some shining spears with cold ones would do the trick. Eldar were cooler when they were pirates (before the craftworld fluff) but that was back in the Rogue Trader days.

I say that with 2500 points work of painted Eldar crap already in my closet.

the more I look at it, the more I'm being tempted to do a Wrathlord conversion for a GD. I think I'd have to rework the hips, make the spine a touch longer, and make the pose a LOT more dynamic. Maybe integrate the weapons a touch more, and having him swing that sword...With a little work I think it could make a darn nice result. We'll see if I have time!