Rackham AT-43 pics

Sergeant_Crunch

It's all just a bit ordinary isn't it. The humans are the same as every other set of humans have been ever since Aliens was made. The aliens are the height of seen-it-all-before impractical sadness. The walkers might get some use, not because they're original, but because if they're plastic they might be cheap enough bother with. Considering the originality of Rackham's fantasy lines this is doubly disappointing.

Then again, the pre-painted plastics will probably put most people off because they'll be badly painted bendy things with big staring eyes.

I'm not convinced, these are trying to look like what the production ones will be. The bases won't be painted will they? And those mechs are not what the production ones are going to be, not with that level of painted detailing.

The resin figure on the right of the mech is a pre-production figure waiting for his paint.

I'm looking forward to the final appearnace of this range because I think the mech is a nice figure and I can use it, but so far the rest leaves me completely cold.

The slightest spark of originality could turn it all around but it looks like it's going to be lowest common denominator gaming again.

• 2 weeks later...

More pics. Studio paint jobs, not the final prepaint.

More photos from the box-art for the Operation Damocles starter box for AT-43.

These new photos are of the Therian and White Star special troops as well as another battle scene. The miniatures shown are the plastic miniatures in the set but with a studio paintjob. We hope to soon have pictures of the prepainted plastics.

whitestar_special.thumbnail.jpg attack2.thumbnail.jpg therian_special.thumbnail.jpg

You know, I think I'm more interested in the terrain than the minis