NEWS: Freebooter Succubus

New one from Werner.

Have to admit, not my cup of tea. Like the hands on her (odd isn't it, that that would be what I like the most). But the pose looks to me a bit too reminiscent of a Fianna that has been gussied up, or even the one that Reaper made along the same lines. The pose, the sword .. etc.

I'm certain that I'll be in the minority though and I'm sure a quality paint job on it will make it stand out nicely.

CHA005-green-01.jpg

CHA005-green-02.jpg

CHA005-green-03.jpg

CHA005-green-04.jpg

What I like: It´s not just a nude human female with batwings, like some of the DHL succubi frome reaper (Adara is one of them, I think). She has some really nice devilish features, esp. the cloven feet. Sword´s way too big IMO and the horns seem to be attached on, not realy growing out of head. I like the wings and their tattered look.

Yep, she looks too much like a Fianna to me, but she is way taller (65mm if I remember it right from the FB website).

I like the pose, the hooves and horns but am not too fond of the wings and the sword : how can she wield a big sword in her back without endangering her wings ?

It doesn't seem realistic...

Ok, we are not looking for total realism, all of us fantasy freaks, but a little common sense should still apply.

So, overall : I'll pass, sorry !

Nah, Rackham doesn't own the pose, don't get me wrong, and Reaper did a cheaper knock off of that particular Fianna as well which I personally don't care for, but there comes a time when you go 'okay, enough, bleah'. The pose and the sword are just too close for me.

That's like me having sculpted up a female in that exact pose and sword, I'm sure she would look suitably different, but at the same time, why do it as frankly, she'll get compared to the other three out there rather quickly. Don't get me wrong, just about every idea out there has already been done and we're just rehashing to a point, but at the same time, I have come to expect really characterful miniatures out of Mr. Klocke and this one just falls a tad shy for me.

But that's personal tastes of course, there are a lot of people out there that don't care for Pandora from the Wyrd line, while I one the other hand was just estatic about her. Heh.

• 2 weeks later...
I must say, but I don't like the horn. It looks almost as if it is just fastened on top of her hair and doesn't grow out from the skull.

Ditto about the horn.

Somehitng about her musclature bothers me too, the place I circled in the pic below is the "problem" area. It just doesn't look right.

CHA005_4.jpg

She still looks cool, but if I ever got her, I'd probably leave the horn off.

:goodbad:

• 4 months later...