Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire Movie

Went with the family tonight to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (movie number four) and I have to admit that I enjoyed the hell out of it - the special effects were spot on and there is a dragon fight scene in the movie that really had me whoopin' for the dragon (its damn cool).

Been reading some places about folks belly aching about the 'Madeye' character but personally I liked the heck out of him, and the underwater scene as well - good stuff.

Some moments here and there were you go 'bleah' but mainly due to teenager type stuff but that's to be expected considering the main actors. Damn weird watching these kids grow up on the big screen as well from the ten year olds they were to whatever they are at now.

All in all - can't wait to see the next one, might even break down and read the damn books, though I've managed to stay away from them so far.

I have to admit, I'm torn on this one, I enjoyed it, but I'm not sure I liked it...I'll explain that.

A lot to get wrapped up in here, and a lot of interesting and exciting scenes....

HOWEVER, I don't feel like the scenes were very well put together. It felt more like a collection of short stories rather than on 2 hour one. like when they were writing the screenplay they went through the book and just picked which scenes to include and which to drop, and didn't think as much about coherency of the movie.

Also the character development was severly lacking, particularly with the girl champion, who they tell you isn't just a push over girl near the beginning, then continues to basically be a push over girl the rest of the movie.

Also, they seem to have grandstands everywhere! Even over the water watching the lake for an hour...when they can't even see what's going on it seems...

Also they talk up this big tournament, and other than dragons it really doesn't seem that rough. I mean the whole trick to the 2nd challenge is figuring out how to breathe underwater, and the 3rd to just run around a while it seems... How is this a test of a wizard???

All this said, I did enjoy the continuation and deepening of the ongoing plot, the fact it's getting darker, and even the new characters - I did like the eye guy...

HeLLooOooOOo!

I went with some friends last night and watched it and I thought it was pretty good, but had too much child love stuff in it that made it somewhat aggrivating for me and like Mr. Eric said, it seemed to just jump forward over and over to get to the good parts in the book.

I enjoyed it though! I really liked the look of the underwater scenes and they did a good job of making it look as if he was actually swimming around instead of just stuck on blue screen and wires. The Mermaids and the little octopus creatures were great too.

The Hungarian Hornback Dragon was marvelous!

A good matinee movie I think, maybe not full price unless you are a Potter fan.

I get the feeling I like them less from the fluff and relatively shallow plots and dialogue, and more because they do create this feeling of something unlying the surface that is actually interesting...which I sort of fear will also be a letdown :(

oh well, they're enjoyable enough, and better than a lot of the other crap that comes out, and fantasy enough to get my mind off every day life.

Well, considering the book was so long I went in to the movie (matinee thank goodness) knowing that they wouldn't be able to put in everything. I did expect it to segway from one scene to another better than it did. (The whole Quidditch world match sucked in my opinion - and Grumbs!)

That being said, my kids really liked it, and since I didn't have expectations of it being a "Lord of the Rings" I was happy to go see it. (Even if it was at a crappy theatre - we're actually thinking of seeing it here in Atlanta so we can SEE it and HEAR it.)

I get the feeling I like them less from the fluff and relatively shallow plots and dialogue, and more because they do create this feeling of something unlying the surface that is actually interesting...which I sort of fear will also be a letdown :(

oh well, they're enjoyable enough, and better than a lot of the other crap that comes out, and fantasy enough to get my mind off every day life.

The movies merely scratch the surface of what's going on in the books. Still some thing I find a bit cliche and prediacable, even in the books. But even so I really like both, books and movies, a lot.

This movie was basically more a moving photoalbum showing the main stuff that's been going on in the book visually. It misses depth... but I really liked some effects and the movie wasn't a letdown for me. I expected this and went to see it with this in mind.

I enjoyed the movie. It was a lot like the third one - As long as you went in expecting a ton of stuff to be cut out from the book, it was a good movie. I liked the dragon scene, the ball (haha, straight from the book, it amused me greatly), the underwater scene, and the maze scene.

However, unlike the rest of the movies, for this one I got the feeling that you really did have to read the book first to make any sense of the movie. A lot of the character development was really rushed too... I feel kind of sorry for the girl that played Cho, something like 40,000 girls auditioned for the part and she got about 4 minutes worth of screen time.

In my opinion the second movie (Chamber of Secrets) was the best movie so far. Plenty of magic, lots of plot, good character development, and lots of fun monsters.