Help me choose a model!

Duende

This isn't what you're thinking!

Recently, I told Tracy (CMON's TAB Studio) that I'd paint something for the Works of Heart project, but I wanted something four-legged. I WAS expecting some Wood Elf ponies, but she sent me a Mounted Lord.

My problem- I was planning on using for a painting reference model some of the horses under my care in the barns I work in, but since I have only one horse figure, I gotta only pick one. So, I thought I'd ask you all here which color pattern you like the best of my five candidates. Here's the options:

Roan Appaloosa (Cali):

PCali.jpg

Chestnut Paint (Hawkeye):

PHawkeye.jpg

Leopard Appaloosa (Magnum):

PMagnum.jpg

Palomino (Teddy):

PTeddy.jpg

Sorrel (Zeppi):

PZeppi.jpg

Mini to be painted:

newimage.asp?Size=A&Img=255740

I'd go with the Dalmatian.

Okay, I mean Magnum the spot Appaloosa.

Why? Because that's not a particularly common coloring and a lord would probably like a unique horse.

Of course people may not think it's real. That is a problem I've had painting horses from life. Mini gamers usually don't know what horses actually look like: "painting the seam line in the mini black doesn't really hide it you know." "That's not a seam line, it's a dorsal stripe." "Whatever, dude."

Hawkeye with Zeppi closely following :wavey:

Edit: Darn... I mismatched the horse.

I didn't want Hawkeye with Zeppi,

I wanted Cali with Zeppi.

Ah well.... it doesn't change anything since Cali seems not to be favourite, but I for one would have liked to see how you would achieve a (very nice pictures) roan.

Wow, Hawkeye's got a big lead! I've got this poll running for two weeks since that gives me time to finish my Wyrd entry before starting this figure.

Thanks to eveyone who's voted do far and esp. to those who commented! and for the Hawkeye fans, here's a pic of his other side:

PHawkeyeL.jpg

:dance:

On a sad note today, I was called by one of my co-workers today and she told me one of the horses was in an accident and had to be put down. He was a big, beautiful Clydesdale/Thoroughbred cross named Major and he was one of my favorites there.

So Major, rest in peace....

MajorTxt.jpg

Well, Eric, unexpected deaths usually are depressing things! :damnmate:

I hope you still voted for a horsie, at least. What's your artistic opinion of the various colors here being translated onto a mini horse?

Or maybe I should just make it a red-brown bay with a big white blaze like Major?

:friday: