Display Cabinets!!

EricJ

IKEA is every miniature lover's best friend when it comes to cabinets :).

I've got a 4 level one. The top 3 are for minis and the bottom one is for various liquors for when friends are over :P.

@Anders : the color of the cabinet would depend on what they got in their catalog this year. But IKEA usually does furniture in wood or white (I've seen some pale green things ... aweful :P).

@Cédric

I wouldn't mind a wooden one, but I don't think my gf would let me hang something like that in our work room where every other piece of furniture is white. :tongue2:

IKEA does come up with strange colours sometimes. I remember a few years ago when they made silver coated book shelves. :rolleyes:

Umm, I have a cabinet like that, only bigger (it has legs and sits on the floor) but you remove the doors for cleaning lifting the doors up and out. Just gotta be careful not to drop them since you have to handle them by the edges, but easy to clean otherwise.

No IKEA stores near me though. Only around Pittsburgh, Philly, Baltimore, and DC. I suppose it doesn't help I live in the middle of nowhere.

Nope, we must have very different cabinets, there is no way to get the doors out of this one short of taking one of the sides off it, I did realize I could get it off the wall with some effort, so I was able to clean it finally going in from the back (I'm just glad I didn't tack on the wooden backing piece! :)

Nope, we must have very different cabinets,

Most likely.., my cabinet I got from my mother, who got it before I was even born, so it's .....old. The doors have been replaced a few times to my knowledge, due to various "accidents" over the years.

My own wall-hanging mini cabinet has hinged doors and I got it at a yard sale for $5. Good deal!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 4 level display cabinate in my living room and recently I'm running out of space with only the 1st level available for my minis. The other levels are filled with ermm...stuffed toys and such. There's also 2 air pistol with a bronze medal I got from a shooting contest and loads of items to do with cow/bull (avoids the mention of Hello kitty).

I'm considering getting a new smaller one and Ikea sure is my top choice for their price and look.

Then what are you doing posting here, Eric?? Get your lazy behind in gear and paint more stuff!! :D

I need a new cabinet aswell, my standing one is full.. :s

John

yeah, yeah, I know! Although happily I picked up a brush and painted for a few hours last night for the first time in about a month...on the down side it's a long term project and I got half of one thigh done...

I'd consider sending cabinets to the needy just to get rid of them, but they're so heavy I bet shipping costs would be more than the value of the thing!

• 2 weeks later...