Kastore - Returned

bakaryu135

So I saw he was spoiled but no thread on here from us about him.

He definitely has some interesting OOK interactions and we have a number of cheap versatile models that can heal (though need to be careful of black blood).  Can totally see the value of taking a Gwisin with him for take the hit as well as access to tagging an enemy with Adversary.

Looking at the reverse (taking some of the Returned stuff OOK for other masters) Gwyll seems like a decent fit for Kirai who is always taking damage and looking for someone to top her up.  A guaranteed heal of 4 per turn is pretty potent.

I have been looking at dipping my toes into Neverborn (Euripides/Old One Eye) and this seems like a perfect natural transition for that.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2022 at 4:37 AM, bakaryu135 said:

Can totally see the value of taking a Gwisin with him for take the hit as well as access to tagging an enemy with Adversary.

I thought the same. 

Grave Golem might be good with Gwyll. It's a big pile of nearly unkillable wounds to move around with essence transfer. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 9/26/2022 at 5:21 AM, Thatguy said:

I thought the same. 

Grave Golem might be good with Gwyll. It's a big pile of nearly unkillable wounds to move around with essence transfer. 

And Kastore's crew doesn't seem to have any Corpse marker requirements so as Athorak is generating them, your blood vessells are dying or you are just killing the enemy you are giving it avenues to unburry.

Any play with the Noxious Nephilim?

it has Regen 2, allows nephilim models to card cycle and trigger black blood, can drag enemies away from objectives or into your beaters and it has a 3/4/6 2" attack.

Athorak, Cavern Nephilim, Barbaros and I assume the black blood maidens will have Nephilim to trigger Last Memory.

It is hard to wound and regen 2 so a good source of transferable health for Gwyll's Essesnce Transfer.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, DevilCat said:

Any updates on how people have been finding Kastore and his crew? I'm interested in hearing what people have been having success with.

Kastore 2 is doing pretty well in the series!

He's just got that raw aggression going for him. I don't think anything surprising. Just hiring keyword and playing it efficiently. Urnbearers are the stars of the list (though I suspect people will learn to kill them ASAP).