soon to be QiGong / Syndicate?

Sunnysmile

Hey I already play Arcanists (Toni Sandeep)
but I went the TT way with Qi Gong and Syndicate.. (just Youko box right now)

what do you suggest buying for for Youko and maybe Misaki later... same goes with the alternatives! I like the sculpts^^
Thanks for your help

I am busy at work so will probably end up breaking into multiple posts.. that said, I think you meant "Last Blossom" not "Syndicate." :) 

Definitely read through the forums, as there are some good write-ups on those Masters, already. Also seems you're going with the first version of the Masters, not the latest? I personally find the 2nd iteration of Youko far stronger, and the first version of Misaki stronger. That said, I lose horribly with both Youko1 and Misaki1, so don't take "how to win" advice from me. 

Youko1: I personally love Deadly Performance box with her. Both the Kabuki Warriors and the puppets are great value in the right matches. I also get a lot of mileage with 2 Geishas in my lists. Having the cheap Lure is great, but the Distraction aura for negative Willpower flips are situationally awesome, and their basic attack gives Slow... which is a Willpower duel. Bill Algren goes into all of my lists. Loading up on Distracted condition seems like a fun idea at first, but don't rely on it.

Misaki1: Personally, I don't think she needs her keyword much if at all, and you can find many ways to play her. I've had the best luck with "All the Shadow Tokens" using Crime Bosses, Mikako Rei, and Toakage. Ototo goes into all of my lists. Thunder Archers are straight up garbage and I don't recommend them, for the simple fact that once they are engaged, they just cry in a corner and wait to die. No melee weapon and no reliable means of escaping melee combat is a bad combination. The Snipers are much better for ranged support. She does have a few notable bad match-ups, mostly Molly and Tara. They both take aware her 'bury' trick.

Now the best part: 10T has the best Versatile models in the business. Dawn Serpent, Samurai, Lone Swordsmen, Fuhatsu (though less so post-nerf) are all solid additions to any list. For a while, I used Versatile models as my core, and hired in the keyword models around them. :D Misaki has some notable dirty tricks with Yamaziko and her Great Teacher ability, giving ALL Friendly Millions a positive to all duels, not just Friendly Last Blossom. So the Samurai just go nuts with her. 

• Agree 1

I've been playing Misaki regularly into Youko (I have been practicing Misaki for a tournament and one of the players I can reliably get a game against primarily plays Youko) so feel like I might have some good insight into both!

Youko has benefitted from a bit of a glow-up, but she still feels like she is a difficult master to win with - she just seems to lack alot of punch. she puts alot of pressure on your opponent's hand so she might be quite good against masters that have poor card draw or rely on their hand alot. Hinamatsu seems great. not much more I can say about her.

Misaki was a great choice for me to learn the game with - she's very flexible and doesn't necessarily need to take in keyword choices to work. I always take Minako Rei in both Misaki 1 and 2 but everything else is flexible. In contrast to what @regleantsaid above (and whilst i agree i would never use thunder archers in misaki 1) I find thunder archers really great in Misaki 2 - they are a decent source of shadow markers other than Misaki's obey and against certain matchups they can be devastating with irreducible blast damage. I've played a few games using Yamaziko + 2 thunder archers and they were great - there were several times that they were getting 4 shots each a turn, with blast, often getting +2 positive on the attack and +1 positive on the damage. I probably wouldn't use Yamaziko in misaki 1 though - i don't use enough minions really and models don't bubble up enough to benefit from her aura.

would also echo what @regleantsaid about TT versatiles - they are just so good, samurai are my go to in last blossom, but all of them are great - Shadow emissary could be particularly useful in Misaki 2.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Moinetbeard said:

Shadow emissary could be particularly useful in Misaki 2.

Can you please elaborate on that?

I like the Effigy (usually with upgrade) with Misaki 2 as he can make Last Blossom models take Interact actions for more shadows.

47 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Can you please elaborate on that?

I like the Effigy (usually with upgrade) with Misaki 2 as he can make Last Blossom models take Interact actions for more shadows.

Sorry,I meant Effigy! Usually with the upgrade. The action (and therefore shadow marker) generation from the Effigy is useful at the beginning, but I think the emissary is more useful later on.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...