Does "May treat this model as a [...] marker" count for Research Mission

Stunt

Question

Hi,

Some models have abilities that let them be considered as markers by other models like the passive ability "Animated Remains" on Corpse Curator or the tactical action "Mudslide" of the Kurgan.

1- Would one, none or both of this abilities make this model qualify as one of the required to score the Reveal part of Research Mission ? (provided there is a model within 4" and Los and 2 other markers that qualify for said model)

2- If yes, would the model with the ability be able to count itself as one of the markers and score Research Mission by itself (provided there are 2 other markers within 4" and LOS)

Thanks for your help,

Max

6 answers to this question

What about the Comfortable Hat Upgrade from white Rabbit Co? It states "this models controller and friendly models may treat this model as a scheme marker." Could the model score the first point of breakthrough by himself just by standing in the enemy DZ? 

16 hours ago, IamW said:

What about the Comfortable Hat Upgrade from white Rabbit Co? It states "this models controller and friendly models may treat this model as a scheme marker." Could the model score the first point of breakthrough by himself just by standing in the enemy DZ? 

I'm not sure that a scheme qualifies an an "effect" (in the sentence 'When this Marker would be removed by an effect').  So if it worked (which I think it does, given that schemes and strategies are written addressing the players), you probably have to remove the model rather than just the upgrade.

• Respectfully Disagree 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:37 AM, IamW said:

This is good, the fact that it says "this model's controller...." whereas the other abilities don't state it that way. I'm finally sold on the original conclusion. :) 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, solkan said:

I'm not sure that a scheme qualifies an an "effect" (in the sentence 'When this Marker would be removed by an effect').  So if it worked (which I think it does, given that schemes and strategies are written addressing the players), you probably have to remove the model rather than just the upgrade.

Why would it not qualify as an effect? It fits the definition.

• Agree 1