Moorwraith and Research Mission

Maciej

Question

I wonder, can a moorwraith with Rolling Stones ability can count towards Research mission? In example if you have a friendly seeker model within 4" of a scheme marker, lamp marker and a moorwraith on enemy table half, can you score? I don't see why not, just want to be sure. 

Rolling Stones: Other friendly seeker models may treat may treat this model as a Severe Impassable Terrain Marker, which can not be removed. Other models treat area within Aura 2" of this model as Severe. 

5 answers to this question

I can't remember, it might be that whilst friendly models can treat it as a marker, the game doesn't, and to score research mission the game needs to see 3 markers near the model, not the model see 3 markers near it. (I may be making this up, but I thought somewhere I saw something like this, although it may be the walking dead ability on mindless zombies, which does specify they can only count it as a corpse marker for actions and abilities that I'm mixing it up with)

• Thanks 1

On 2/26/2022 at 9:26 PM, regleant said:

I would have let you do it. It’s a friendly  model that needs to see 3 markers, and Rolling Stones allows it to be counted as a marker.  

happy to be proven wrong, but I don’t understand why it wouldn’t work. terrain markers are markers.

Hi Regleant! The answer that has been presented by other commenters is that the scheme doesn't say a friendly model must see 3 markers, but rather that a model in the players crew must be near 3 markers. At this step of the game the model is not what is doing the checking, but rather the scheme is.

To put it another way, the scheme is not a friendly model to the Moorwraith, and so for its purposes the Moorwraith is not terrain. Does that clarify the explanation that Adran provided?