which paints do you find best to use?

Mr Oogie Boogie

I usally recommend Vallejo Model Color. These are great for beginners and advanced Painters. I use Scale Color, but I find them a bit tricky. I learnt to love them but I don't recommend them for unexperianced painters.

If you don' like the shine but you're happy with the colors use AK Interactive or MIG matte varnish. Works well wurh brush or airbrush and you don't have to buy new colors (Scale Colors are very matte...)

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2021 at 8:24 PM, captaingrizz said:

do yall seal your minis?

If it's a game model (and not just a display piece) I think you're better to protect your mini. 

I'm using W&N matt as well (but in rattle can). If I wan a different finish I often airbrush AK interactive / Vallejo matt/satin... If you just want to kill the shine, you can also airbrush a thin coat of matt medium. 

• Thanks 1

I think you can make a case for almost all of the brands. It depends on what you want.

Value wise i would mostly stay away from citadel and look toward Vallejo or almost all other manufacturers. I mostly use Vallejo, with a little bit of Scale 75 and Citadel mixed in.

But my favourites by far are Kimera Kolors, with the caveat that you have to mix all your tones yourself. Other then that, they are the best in value and quality IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1