Think the starter boxes will be in the Malifaux Burns book?

touchdown

1 hour ago, touchdown said:

We have 3 of 8 boxes revealed. It would make sense to have everything in one big expansion book but also that's a lot of models for 1 book.

I think it's going to depend on if Guild and Resser get one, or if the starter box counts.

Because the starter box stuff is almost certainly going to be in there as it's the alt Sonnia and Kirai. 

Given the size of the books, it might be a squeeze to keep them to a similar size, rather than the significantly larger books of previous editions. 

• Like 1

I believe we have a post calculated it and the result is there will be 3 unknown slots in the new book, which can fit in one starter set.

And I believe Guild and Resser are getting their own starter sets. The ToS starter after all is for ToS, there is no component for Malifaux, scheme markers, bases, Sonnia's totem and etc. Players who purchased the ToS box would not able to unbox and play with other players who had bought faction starters.

So I think we will see 3 starters in the Burns book, Outcasts, Bayou and another faction. And the remaining 4 will be in other book, probably the next after Burns all together.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, Maladroit said:

Looks like the NB starter box models are in there - I don't think that is confirmed, but they fit the pattern (4 versatile models with a  new keyword in common.)

Yeah, those Grim models: One Henchman, One Enforcer, and Two Minions feels exactly right for a starter box setup.

• Agree 2