Rasputina ice pillards and tome

Pallas4

Question

6 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Pallas4 said:

Hi

Raputina uses Ice Pillards. She gets :tome:tome.

Can she put one around her and one around an Ice Pillar (with ice mirror)?
And... may she use the first pillar placed as a relay to place the other one?

thanks

I think she needs to draw range from 1 point for the whole action. (not least because of the complications of when she needs to discard a card to declare a trigger). 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, diki said:

I initially agreed with @Adran, but then I can't think of any rules that state that the May option in Ice mirrors would have to apply to all effects generated.

It seems wrong to draw line of sight from Rasputina to declare the trigger without discarding a card, and then switch your line of sight part way through the action to an ice pillar. 

So I think any argument on how the rules work would need to prevent that. 

When taking actions you can draw LOS from a pillar.

"Taking actions" to me refers to the whole action. It doesn't say actions or triggers, or may draw LOS from pillars without any limitations.

It is only when you're taking an action that you can draw los from a pillar (and presumably that means it has to be for the whole action).

Also it just wouldn't pass the reasonableness test anyway as Adran points out.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Additionnal question. In all these cases, I choose to use the ability and pay the discard

_ can I draw range from 1 pillar for the first pillar creation and from another pillar for the second ?

_ can I draw range from Rasputina ?

_ can I draw range from Rasputina first and then from the pillar that was just created ?

9 minutes ago, le_wahou said:

Additionnal question. In all these cases, I choose to use the ability and pay the discard

_ can I draw range from 1 pillar for the first pillar creation and from another pillar for the second ?

_ can I draw range from Rasputina ?

_ can I draw range from Rasputina first and then from the pillar that was just created ?

No

No

No

(based on my view that you need to draw LOS and range from the same point for the whole action none of these would be allowed, although the second one only because you have already picked a pillar to use to draw range and LOS for, because you have discarded a card).